Fluxx has a mind for technology and a heart for philanthropy. Our cloud-based platform supports the work of grantmaking organizations making collaboration, clarity, and organization of data effortless. With Fluxx organizations dramatically shorten their grant processes and make more strategic decisions to better enable them to support the missions of their grantees.
As a Software Engineer, you will support those missions through providing your technical leadership, applying the best engineering practices and participating from ideation through planning and execution of large-scale, multi-functional initiatives and user-facing features and applications for the Fluxx product suite.
What you'll be working on:
- Own technical solutions from planning and estimation through delivery to production and beyond to future iterations
- Happily work in teams to develop solutions
- Produce quality software with an adoption of software craftsmanship
- Maintain and raise the engineering team’s high standards of maintainability, efficiency, and security
- Push yourself and your teammates to learn and improve
- Mentoring, pairing, and promoting the team’s technical growth
- Collaborate multi-functionally with designers, user researchers, product managers and other SMEs
- you have 4 years experience building, debugging, and scaling modern web apps
- A generalist approach, you are comfortable anywhere in the stack
- You have empathy for users and your teammates
- A proven foundation in computer science, you need solid experience with agile development, object oriented thinking, and design patterns.
- Experience working on a highly configurable/customizable product
- Experience working in at least some of our stack:
- Ruby on Rails
- Elixir, Phoenix
- Redis, Resque
- AWS services
- Real passion for Fluxx’s vision to become THE company that changes philanthropy forever
- Nice to have - experience in systems integrations
This is a full time position at our office in the Financial district of San Francisco, California, and includes stock options, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision benefits + more. A diverse and inclusive environment where we learn from each other is an integral part of Fluxx's culture. We are a mission-driven company and welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are community-driven and a phenomenal place to work. Join the team and help us achieve our mission!
Back to top