Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager plays a critical role on the Client Services Team. You will operate as a relationship manager and point of contact for the client, helping facilitate the transition between sales and implementation of the Fluxx platform. You will oversee and drive all aspects of project management relentlessly and professionally, from project planning and initiation through the implementation lifecycle, assuming accountability for all end results.
The Senior Project Manager is comfortable and eager to take on additional responsibilities and pinch hit on whatever comes up through the (e.g., doing a demo for a prospective client, developing a new template for reporting project milestones, etc.).
The ideal candidate has a proven track record in a client facing capacity, thriving in the areas of project management and SaaS implementation. This role will report directly to the Director of Client Services.
- Be well versed and experienced in all aspects of project management. You must know: 1) how to execute projects according to a determined timeline, methodology, scope, and budget, 2) how to track and report on progress, risk, and other issues, 3) when to diffuse issues or risks and when to escalate them, and 4) how to maintain quality control throughout the project lifecycle
- Facilitate discovery sessions with clients and turn the data gathered in these sessions into functional requirements and user stories
- Be a super awesome communicator, meaning you understand the significance and appropriate use of tone and mediums based on circumstance and audience
- Serve as the face of the organization to the client and address all requests, small or large, useful or wasteful, in a timely and professional manner
- Facilitate sessions with project stakeholders to outline scope, goals, deliverables, resource needs, and timelines, and do it all with confidence and a smile
- Have the ability to skillfully push back on client requests while gaining their trust and consensus around tough decisions
- Be ready, willing, and able to track and document everything that happens on the project, then report on it like clockwork to the project team and stakeholders
- Turn system requirements into training material for clients
- Understand what a change order is and when it is appropriate, and be able to develop it internally and sell the client on it
- Be eager and able to help develop tools, best practices, and documentation for project management and related processes, as necessary
- Continue to manage client relationships post-launch, and handle escalations from the support team
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience, which includes at minimum 2 years from each of the following areas 1) managing projects, 2) participating in and/or driving implementations, and 3) working in a client facing role
- Meticulously detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, quickly process information, and demonstrate a dedication to ensuring and maintaining the quality of the end product
- Inherent ability to think two (maybe even three) steps ahead of the client and take proactive steps to address roadblocks, issues, and distractions internally and with the client
- Awesome at being a human - a team player, even temperament, empathetic, and a good collaborator
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment
- A track record of being a team player and leader with strong interpersonal skills and a talent for collaboration
- Be a problem-solver who has a demonstrated ability to overcome challenges with creative solutions
- Excel at both written and verbal communication
- The ability to work on many projects concurrently and to manage tight deadlines, and a willingness to accept a wide range of responsibilities
- Be a self-motivated, independent worker and thinker with a positive attitude
- Strong technical acumen and familiarity with productivity tools (MS Office and Mac tools)
- Strong familiarity with project management tools and methodologies
- Ability to travel up 10%-25% per month
- Familiarity with grant management processes is a huge a plus.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and grant-making software is also a plus.
Back to top