Office Manager / Executive Assistant
Fluxx has a mind for technology and a heart for philanthropy. Our cloud-based platform makes collaboration, clarity, and organization of data effortless. Foundations, nonprofits, and corporations can streamline their processes and make better strategic decisions with Fluxx. When these organizations work smarter, they move the needle on what we all care about most – making the world a better place.
Fluxx’s HR team is responsible for building a highly functional organization and for creating and maintaining the best employee experience possible. We are looking for an Office Manager / Executive Assistant who will be comfortable stepping in and immediately contributing to our fast-paced, positive work environment and culture.
In this hybrid role, you will be responsible for performing a wide range of administrative and supportive duties, mainly supporting the HR and Executive teams to ensure the efficient day-to-day running of our offices and the organization at large. The right hire will proactively participate in the multitasking and changing environment to meet the demands of the office. This role will report into the HR Manager.
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented thinker who is energetic and a firm believer in our mission and values. The ideal candidate is a natural self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is enjoyable to be around, up for any challenge, and enthusiastic about finding the best solutions to those challenges.
- Office Management:
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts and office systems
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, and errands
- Coordinate with employees on all equipment and IT issues (Security, Wifi & MacBook troubleshooting, Google Apps, Microsoft Office)
- Office communication and video conferencing wizard
- Seek ways to streamline office processes and leverage best practices that build on our collaborative work environment.
- Coordinate internal events, employee engagement events, company celebrations (birthdays, anniversaries), community service/outreach, etc.
- Manage company event planning and work closely with appropriate teams as needed, as well as actively find ways to encourage company culture and growth
- Work closely with HR team on employee engagement and recognition programs
- Assist with special projects and presentations as needed
- Facilities: Manage office operations and logistics, including: conference room management, coordinating mail/shipments, ordering food and office supplies, greeting visitors, maintaining common spaces, general upkeep and a safe and secure working environment
- Executive Support:
- Provide professional executive support and assist with travel arrangements, expense reports, scheduling, off-sites, meeting preparation and other administrative needs
- Manage executive calendars with minimal direction proactively and intelligently
- Coordinate calendars, set up meetings and meeting spaces, including arrival of clients and guests
- Develop a highly effective process for follow up and follow through for each executive ensuring that deliverables and action items with internal and external partners are managed effectively
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-4+ years of experience in an administrative or support-based role, preferably in a startup environment
- Passion for working in a dynamic and growing environment
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong IT knowledge and competency; Proficient computer skills, Google Suite and MS office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to function independently to produce results that meet standards of quality and timeliness, as well as make appropriate decisions in the absence of executives
- Ability to anticipate needs, take initiative, assume responsibility for projects and set priorities
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, honesty, and enthusiasm a must!
- Passionate about Fluxx’s vision to become THE company that changes Philanthropy forever
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Fluxx's culture. We are a mission-driven company and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are community-driven and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Back to top