Fluxx is committed to creating a simpler, smarter, and more effective grantmaking ecosystem for grantmakers and grantseekers by offering beautiful software that serves both sides of the grantmaking equation. When grantmakers and grantseekers work smarter, they move the needle on what they care about most – making the world a better place. Underlying the work we all do here at Fluxx is the belief that the world can be a better place. And that we can have a blast doing our part. We want to help make that happen. Do you?
Our team members are smart, passionate people hailing from a diverse range of disciplines, bringing together the best in design, technology, and strategy. What we share is a commitment to making beautiful software solutions that revolutionize the way organizations approach systems and processes.
The Implementation Specialist plays a critical role on the Fluxx Client Services Team. We are looking for candidates with two to fives years of professional experience which includes a combination of client facing, project based, and technology implementation work. The primary responsibilities of the SaaS Implementation Specialist include: 1) becoming a Fluxx configuration expert, 2) translating the client business needs into user stories / Fluxx functionality, 3) configuring the system based on the client's needs, and 4) working as the liaison between the client and the Fluxx technical resources. Fluxx is a fast paced and growing start-up, so the ideal candidate will be both comfortable and eager to take on additional responsibilities and pinch hit on whatever comes up (e.g., doing a demo for a prospective client, becoming a SME client data needs, finding the best place for guacamole in S.F.).
- Elicit user scenarios using workshops, prototyping, data analysis, business process descriptions, and workflow analysis.
- Perform data analysis and review business rules with the business stakeholders to refine requirements
- Supporting and delivering grant management software solution configuration
- Support user acceptance testing and manage end to end issue resolution cycle
- Troubleshoot and facilitate issue resolution by suggesting techno-functional workarounds.
- Communicates with different levels of management regarding information needs. Ability to discuss these solutions with both technical and business community.
- Be a great communicator, meaning you understand the significance and appropriate use of tone and mediums based on circumstance and audience
- Be ready, willing, and able to track and document everything that happens on the project, then report on it like clockwork to the project team and stakeholders
- Turn system requirements into training material for clients
- Be eager and able to help develop tools, best practices, and documentation for project management and related processes, as necessary
- 3-5 years of professional experience 1) business process analysis, 2) working with requirements / user stories, and 3) configuring software solutions
- Very strong business mind and the expertise to translate user scenarios (or business requirements) into technical solutions
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, quickly process information
- Inherent ability to think two (maybe even three) steps ahead of the project work and take proactive steps to address roadblocks, conflicts, and risks
- Awesome at being a human - a team player, even temperament, empathetic, and a good collaborator
- A track record of being a team player and leader with strong interpersonal skills and a talent for collaboration
- Be a problem-solver who has a demonstrated ability to overcome challenges with creative solutions
- The ability to work on many projects concurrently and to manage tight deadlines, and a willingness to accept a wide range of responsibilities
- Be a self-motivated, independent worker and thinker with a positive attitude
- Strong technical acumen and familiarity with productivity tools (MS Office and Mac tools)
- Strong familiarity with project management tools and methodologies
- Ability to travel up 10%-25% per month
- Familiarity with grant management processes is a huge a plus.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with CRM and grantmaking software is also a plus.
We’re a strong, fast growing team of ~65 people. Great office in downtown San Francisco. Easy commute (10 minutes walk) from Powell Bart Station.
We offer competitive compensation, generous health benefits, medical, pre tax commuter benefits, annual education stipend, snacks and drinks for when you need a break, flexible work hours and vacation policy, monthly team happy hours, and team volunteer opportunities.
Meet Some of Fluxx's Employees
Development Operations Manager
Colin keeps Fluxx’s software platforms up and running. He wears many hats, but spends much of his time on the company’s production workload for Amazon web services.
Back to top