Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote)
- Los Angeles, CA
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will have equal parts "Dev" and "Ops", Dev to improve our software build and delivery pipeline and Ops to architect and implement resilient scalable production systems. The Sr. DevOps Engineer will have prior experience working with AWS in production SaaS environments, have a passion for cloud based solutions and have an automation-first mindset. They will work with Architecture and Engineering to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business solutions, securely and with maximum uptime. They will be responsible for creating and maintaining industry-standard deployment and monitoring tools. They will collect data throughout the software development lifecycle and provide optimizations that allow for iterative improvement of engineering team productivity.
We are open to REMOTE and LA based applicants.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
- Work with Architecture and Engineering teams to plan, deploy, and maintain business solutions in a cloud environment;
- Develop instrumentation to monitor, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the health of software services;
- Create and maintain deployment pipelines for multiple environments;
- Coordinate with additional teams for production deployments;
- Production operations
- Any other projects as assigned to help the Company meet its goals.
- 5+ years of production operation management
- Solid understanding of infrastructure, security, Linux, image hardening, scaling, failover, load balancing, caching, etc. Strong experience with monitoring and alerting
- 5+ years of career experience including software development, systems administration, and cloud-based application management
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining production systems within the AWS ecosystem using VPC, ECS, EC2, S3, ELB/ALB, IAM, Lambda and CloudWatch
- Strong scripting experience preferably Python or Shell
- BS in Computer Science or related field. Work Experience and/or AWS certification may be considered in lieu of a Degree
- Experience with Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning & security in a production environment
- Strong production operations background
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Terraform, Packer, AWS CLI, SaltStack, etc.)
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and visualization tools (e.g Graphite, Grafana, StatsD, CloudWatch)
- Experience with log aggregation strategies
- Experience with CI/CD systems preferably Jenkins and experience with pipelines
- Experience with SQL (PostgreSQL and MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDb, DynamoDB) databases
- Familiarity with security best practices
- Effective collaboration and documentation skills
- AWS Certification
About FloQast www.floqast.com
FloQast is a fast-growing, Los Angeles-based, growth-stage company redefining how a critical business process (financial close) is performed. Our growth and success are fueled by a passion to define and dominate the close management software market. We are the first company of our kind to focus specifically on the mid-market. Our prospects have been hungry for a solution like FloQast and the response has made FloQast among the fastest growing FinTech companies with now more than 750 customers, including Lyft, Zoom, Twilio and the Golden State Warriors.
- What is engineering working on? Our FQ Engineering Blog showcases a number of our recent efforts straight from the engineers working on them. Check it out!
- We are fanatics about the success of our customers. Check us out on G2 Crowd
- We are equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees. Check us out on Glassdoor
- We are moving quickly and there is a huge upside opportunity in terms of career growth
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
- Named among Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal in 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Ranked #10 on The SaaS 1000
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.
Back to top