DevOps Engineer (Remote)
- Los Angeles, CA
The DevOps Engineer will have equal parts "Dev" and "Ops", Dev to improve our software build and delivery pipeline and Ops to architect and implement resilient scalable production systems. The DevOps Engineer will have prior experience working with AWS in SaaS environments, have a passion for cloud based solutions and have an automation-first mindset. They will work with Architecture and Engineering to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business solutions, securely and with maximum uptime. They will be responsible for creating and maintaining industry-standard deployment and monitoring tools. They will collect data throughout the software development lifecycle and provide optimizations that allow for iterative improvement of engineering team productivity.
FloQast is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and we are seeking US Based REMOTE Engineers.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
- Work with Architecture and Engineering teams to plan, deploy, and maintain business solutions in a cloud environment.
- Develop instrumentation to monitor, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the health of software services.
- Create and maintain deployment pipelines for multiple environments.
- Coordinate with additional teams for production deployments.
- Production operations.
- Any other projects as assigned to help the Company meet its goals.
- 3+ years of career experience including software development, systems administration, and cloud-based application management.
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining production systems within the AWS ecosystem using VPC, ECS, EC2, S3, ELB/ALB, IAM, Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Understanding of infrastructure security, scaling, failover, load balancing, etc.
- Infrastructure automation tools experience (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, Packer, SaltStack, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD systems (preferably Jenkins and experience with pipelines)
- Strong experience with monitoring, metrics, and visualization tools (e.g CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, StatsD)
- Strong scripting experience preferably Python or Shell.
- Effective collaboration and documentation skills.
- 3+ years of Production operation experience.
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Work Experience and/or AWS certification may be considered in lieu of a Degree.
- AWS Certification.
- Familiarity with security best practices.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Experience with configuration management tools.
- Experience with log aggregation strategies.
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDb, DynamoDB) and SQL (PostgreSQL and MySQL) databases.
- Experience with Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning & security.
About FloQast www.floqast.com
Recognized as a 2020 Technology Fast 500 by Deloitte, FloQast is the leader in accounting workflow automation created by accountants for accountants to work smarter, not harder. The cloud-based, AI-enhanced software is trusted by more than 1,000 accounting teams, including those at Lyft, Twilio, Instacart, Zoom and The Golden State Warriors—and proud to be rated #1 across all user review sites. By automating common accounting workflows and helping to streamline and make them more efficient, FloQast is the place where accounting teams want to work so they can focus on what matters most, even when that’s just going home on time. Whether automating reconciliations, documentation requests or other workflows such as the month-end close, financial reporting or payroll, FloQast enhances the way accounting teams already work to help them work smarter. Learn more at floqast.com.
- What is engineering working on? Our FQ Engineering Blog showcases a number of our recent efforts straight from the engineers working on them. Check it out!
- We are fanatics about the success of our customers. Check us out on G2 Crowd
- We are equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees. Check us out on Glassdoor
- We are moving quickly and there is a huge upside opportunity in terms of career growth
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
- Named among Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal in 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Ranked #10 on The SaaS 1000
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.
Back to top