At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives.
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we're looking to add a Software Architect (m/f/d) located in Stuttgart, Germany
In our Design Center in Stuttgart, our team creates technologies for the Automotive Market. Our portfolio includes High and Low voltage DC/DC Converters, Inverters, Battery management system, Recuperation modules, Overhead Consoles, Smart Control Units as well as internal and external lighting applications.
Reporting to the Teamleader Software Development , the Software Architect's role involves c reating clear high-level SW Architectural design based on System and/or stakeholder requirements. Additionally you frequently work with your engineering peers to continuously improve software quality standards.
What a typical day looks like:
- Create clear high-level SW Architectural design based on System and/or stakeholder requirements to develop innovative, cost-effective and manufacturable solutions
- Install and configure the development environment (build scripts, make files etc.)
- You design vertical integration architecture descriptions involving the theory and practices of modeling and representing architectures, using mechanisms such as architecture description languages, architecture viewpoints, and architecture frameworks.
- And you document software architecture and designs in UML tools such as Enterprise Architect
- Typically you are describing system design using several views that frequently include a static view showing the code structure of the system, a dynamic view showing the actions of the system during execution, and a deployment view showing how a system is placed on hardware for execution
- Someone with a finished university degree - preferably computer science, electronics or similar and with strong prior experience in embedded systems and/or as SW Architect
- Demonstrated experience with hardware development in the automotive industry and experience with AUTOSAR development (Microsar, Tresos, Basic & Application SW)
- Fluent German and English knowledge both in written and spoken form is expected in this role to successfully work with local and global stakeholders.
- Experience with software development processes such as Automotive SPICE would be a strong advantage.
- Additionally experience with topics such as drivers for serial communication (SPI, UART, I²C), MATLAB Modelling /w Auto Code generation would give you an advantage
- Work for the big Automotive OEMs such as Audi, BMW, Daimler, Ford, Porsche, and VW
- Work in a supportive, stable, inventive team in a modern, high-quality environment
- Experience the difference, become a member of our innovative team
- Share with us your ideas, we are looking forward to hearing from you
Design, Process & Technology Engineering
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.