Senior Software Engineer
Technology is reshaping the way we learn, study, and work, and Flatiron School is proud to be at the forefront of this change. Our mission is to empower students from all walks of life to start new careers in coding, data science, UX/UI design, and cyber security. Ranked the #1 coding bootcamp by Course Report, we are a leading authority on coding bootcamps around the world.
Flatiron School is looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our team to help us continue to enhance the platforms & products we use to create an incredible student journey through our dynamic programs.
Engineering at Flatiron School:
Engineering owns the technology used to support our excellent student experience, service critical business functions, and run the school. To support our growth, we are re-architecturing the core of our Learning and School Management platforms.
We have a unique team of former graduates and teachers who understand the impact of what we do. We have a learning culture, and we are looking for senior engineers who are generous with their time and passionate about working with and developing others through mentoring and coaching.
Who You Are:
- You are curious, and want to use and grow your skills to make a deep impact on the lives of our students
- You have experience designing and/or building resilient, scalable, eventually-consistent Information Systems using event-driven architecture
- You enjoy working collaboratively across teams and functions such as product and design.
- You have an affinity for knowledge sharing and mentorship
- Our stack features Ruby, Rails, React, Elixir/Phoenix. You have experience with these technologies or are excited about learning them!
What You Will Do:
- Understand our business and drive technical solutions to support it.
- Design and implement stable and performant products, systems, and APIs.
- Help steer technical decisions about infrastructure and architecture.
- Be a role model for other engineers, championing best practices and collaboration.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members through pair programming, code reviews, and one-on-one coaching.
- Actively share knowledge and experience with the rest of the team.
- Identify, propose, and drive initiatives to improve our code quality and engineering processes.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality.
Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
Back to top