Lead Instructor, Network & Application Security, Washington, D.C.
Flatiron School is looking for Lead Instructor, Network & Application Security to support cybersecurity education.
Instructors are mid to senior level cybersecurity professionals who show exemplary cybersecurity, experience and leadership skills. Their primary duties are to support cohorts across each phase of the program in multiple ways: By overseeing student teams and empowering them to follow and improve on their cybersecurity analytics; by providing immediate feedback on student deliverables and resources for further work; by advocating for student needs and overall wellness; and by elevating successes and concerns to staff. Instructors serve multiple roles that overlap.
- Mentoring and sharing feedback to our students
- Creating a safe and collaborative environment where students understand that helping their peers betters their own experience.
- Embracing change and thrive in ambiguity by helping students and staff with real time efforts, like grading a student’s project or assignment, while devoting time and effort to developing the macro learning plan.
- Preparing your own lectures but anticipating last minutes changes based on the class' progress and learning goals.
- Integrating feedback from team members on progress of class to set pacing and determine tactical interventions.
- Use feedback from students gathered via class surveys to greatly exceed the minimum bar.
- Empower others to succeed by conducting interviews for instructors and students for future cohorts.
- Build for scale by planning, writing, and delivering lectures in accordance with the progress and pace of the class.
- Develop and lead student project sprints throughout the semester
- Lead and/or attend several after hours technical events each month
- Experience and expertise in cybersecurity - Systems Security, Network Security, Applied Cryptology and Logs and Detection
- Proficiency in Linux, Windows, and iOS.
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP networking and networking protocols such as DHCP, IP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, STP, RSTP, VTP, IPS, IDS, and DNS.
- Extensive experience with networking technologies including Cisco router/switch configuration and administration, Ethernet and wireless networking and related protocols, VPN, remote access, and configurations of end points connected to corporate networks remotely, firewall administration, and digital forensics tools (FTK, EnCase, etc.).
- Subject matter expertise in both physical and virtual networking.
- Subject matter expertise with common operating system internals, network packet capture tools such as Wireshark, Network Miner, and network discovery tools such as NMAP.
- Network/Security certifications a plus
- Expert knowledge of applied cryptography and cryptographic protocols-
- Understanding of Symmetric and Asymmetric algorithms, including any of the following:
- Hashing, Streaming Ciphers, Block Ciphers, TLS/SSL, RSA, ECC, SSL Strip, Heartblead, Padding Oracles
About SecureSet x Flatiron School
SecureSet has emerged as the premier cybersecurity education provider. We have recently joined forces with the Flatiron School as we continue to educate the next generation of expert cybersecurity problem-solvers. Cyber security is one of the most headline-grabbing topics and industries of our time and affects virtually every aspect of our lives.
There are few greater global challenges you could work on than the ones we love to work on everyday. If you thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, mission-oriented environment where you can actually have a positive impact on the world, then consider joining our team at Flatiron School. We are looking for individuals who are as committed to as we are. Flatiron School’s campuses are places of community, learning, and growth.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality.
Over our seven years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
Back to top