Lead Instructor, Cybersecurity, Denver
Flatiron School is looking for a Lead Instructor to support cybersecurity education.
Instructors are mid to senior level cybersecurity professionals who show exemplary cybersecurity, experience and leadership skills. Their primary duties are to support cohorts across each phase of the program in multiple ways: By overseeing student teams and empowering them to follow and improve on their cybersecurity analytics; by providing immediate feedback on student deliverables and resources for further work; by advocating for student needs and overall wellness; and by elevating successes and concerns to staff. Instructors serve multiple roles that overlap.
- Responsible for ensuring successful completion of Academy instruction (directly or indirectly).
- Oversee and ensure the availability of instructors for community classes provided by SecureSet Academy (Hacking 101, Capture the Flag Competitions, etc.).
- Partner with the Campus Director in the leadership and operation of the Denver campus.
- As part of the master teaching schedule, responsible for spending a significant amount of time in the classroom providing instruction for modules that fall within your area of expertise in the cybersecurity domain.
- Actively support the Academy Leadership Team with strategic growth initiatives.
- Actively drive curriculum refinement and development in concert with master teaching schedule creation; provide feedback to Vice President of Education on necessary curriculum modifications or shortcomings.
- Support video capture and LMS selection to ensure exceptional student experience.
- Mentor students to ensure 90% retention rate.
- Ensure availability and supervision of lab time for all students.
- Review instructor performance and provide input on retention or professional development.
- Actively participate in instructor searches and hiring decisions.
- Ensure instructor compliance with curriculum requirements.
Experience & Compensation
- 5 - 10 years' experience in the security industry (public or private sector).
- Post-graduate education highly desired.
- Passionate and demonstrated success in the development of students at the post-secondary education level and leadership of the cadre of instructors.
- Applied experience and personal interest in developing pedagogical methods in cybersecurity.
- Subject matter expertise and availability to provide instruction in some of the following domains: Network Security, Systems Security, Applied Cryptography, Security Culture, Strategy & Analysis, Threat Intelligence, Hunt Skills, Detection & Logs, or Governance, Risk & Compliance.
- If instructional expertise is directly related to a technical domain, industry certifications are preferred and will be considered in lieu of formal education.
About SecureSet x Flatiron School
SecureSet has emerged as the premier cybersecurity education provider. We have recently joined forces with the Flatiron School as we continue to educate the next generation of expert cybersecurity problem-solvers. Cyber security is one of the most headline-grabbing topics and industries of our time and affects virtually every aspect of our lives.
There are few greater global challenges you could work on than the ones we love to work on everyday. If you thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, mission-oriented environment where you can actually have a positive impact on the world, then consider joining our team at Flatiron School. We are looking for individuals who are as committed to as we are. Flatiron School’s campuses are places of community, learning, and growth.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
Back to top