The Campus Director is in charge of the success of a Flatiron School campus. This position will use leadership, business acumen and management skills to build a strong community and guide a local team to ensure the success of the campus.
You have expertise cultivating strong local communities, leading large teams, and have been a key collaborator and team-builder across multiple cross-functional teams and business units. This role reports to the Senior Director of Campus Delivery.
You have experience in a rapidly-changing, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment as a self-starter. You have a proven track record of rapidly delivering results across complex, multifaceted engagements. You demonstrate outstanding relationship management, communication and project management skills and are excited to be accountable for achieving and exceeding the goals of successful educational programs.
- Be the campus ombudsperson. Advocate for the needs of your campus
- Work with our finance team to maintain and optimize unit economics for space, administrative and instructional costs per student
- Work with the Ed Ops team to ensure our business operations support the needs of campus staff and students
- Act as liaison between central teams and local team as needed
- Recruit, hire and onboard campus staff
- Responsible for student engagement, retention, graduation and experience as measured by NPS
- Direct event programming for students that encourages exceptional experience, retention and graduation
- Manage team members who perform education delivery, and execute on community-building and event programming for students
- Source opportunities for students to engage professionally with local community
Be the face of the school
- Represent, speak at and participate in marketing events to promote the Flatiron School brand and programs
- Participate in the local technology scene to build brand and credibility among key stakeholders
- Be the local point of contact for the campus
- You’ve built and managed a team greater than 5 reports independently
- Experience forming collaborations with diverse populations of people
- Experience with tech startups, incubators, accelerators that market to diverse populations
- You take a data-driven approach to business decisions
- You have a passion for community organizing, education, and technology
- You have a high EQ, believe in radical candor, and don’t shy away from giving important feedback to your team and our students
- You love having a set of goals for you and your team and driving towards success
- You are energetic, friendly, and openly optimistic
- You are resilient and relish the opportunity to get scrappy and tackle whatever challenges come your way
- You are energized by being around people
- You have some experience managing and executing small- and/or large- scale events, particularly around engaging a technical audience
- You are exceptionally detail-oriented and you are known for your flawless organizational skills
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to launch careers in tech. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now offer programs in software engineering, data science, and cybersecurity to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Since our inception in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of students with skills, community, and an immersive outcomes-driven program. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
Back to top