Account Executive, Employer Partnerships
- New York, NY
The Flatiron School is seeking an Account Executive, Employer Partnerships to join our rapidly growing Student Success team!
At Flatiron School, we teach software engineering skills to passionate, curious people, and help them kick off careers in technology. Our Student Success team is responsible for ensuring our graduates can navigate the job market successfully; as part of that team, our Employer Partnerships function creates, maintains, and deepens relationships with hundreds of employers across the country, giving them access to the best-fit graduates for their teams — in the right places, and at the right times.
This is a great position for someone who is passionate about creating and cultivating relationships with companies to find and build opportunities for grads: Amazing organizations, managers, and teams where graduates can start contributing immediately. In this position, you will have the opportunity to contribute meaningfully to the rapid growth of our organization by helping students change their lives, and helping companies staff their teams and accomplish their own missions with the help of our talent.
The Account Executive, Employer Partnerships will:
- Build new relationships for the School and maintain existing partnerships with employers, figuring out where our grads would fit well.
- Manage a pipeline of employer relationships with the construct of a sales quota; be thoughtful and effective to engage companies in a way that's a good fit for them and for graduates
- Understand and communicate Flatiron School's graduates, program and value to CTOs, VPs of Engineering, and heads of HR & Recruiting
- Get to know the people in our community, especially our graduates and partners.
- Run a consultative sales process wherein you learn what a potential partner is looking for in a candidate hire.
- Make introductions to match grads and companies effectively.
- Place graduates into jobs. Utilize all of steps of sales process to understand a students experience and match them with potential employers, facilitating the interview process, offer extension and acceptance.
- Be agile and iterative in your approach to our employer partners, identifying within and across teams how to make our graduates most successful.
A successful Account Executive, Employer Partnerships has/is:
- Work experience. 3+ years of work experience in a customer/client facing role, building relationships from scratch and maintaining relationships already built.
- Sales experience. 2+ years of direct selling experience, consisting of full sales cycle from lead generation all the way through to close of sale.
- Tenaciousness. You meet the goals you set for yourself - in fact, you strive to exceed goals set and set the bar higher each quarter for yourself and the team. Ability to work independently through cross functional teams and drive new client development.
- Data orientation. You like to analyze what works and what doesn't, and you take action based upon data. You have experience managing a sales funnel, driving key performance indicators and business development initiatives.
- Embody our company values: Be Scrappy, Make No Little Plans, Pursue Mastery, Radiate Positivity, and Work Together
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to launch careers in tech. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now offer programs in software engineering, data science, and cybersecurity to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Since our inception in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of students with skills, community, and an immersive outcomes-driven program. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
Back to top