Staff Software Engineer
- New York, NY
We're looking for highly skilled experienced software engineers who are passionate about helping us accomplish our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why you'll love making Flatiron Health the next step in your career.
What You'll Do
Learning from the experience of every cancer patient involves building systems that scale, excellent UI, and robust data pipelines along the way. There are openings for engineers across multiple product lines and technology stacks. We welcome full-stack engineers, passionate backend engineers, engineers that are enthusiastic about data, aspiring architects, and emerging engineering leaders. As an engineer you’ll:
- Act as an expert in your domain area, serving as a partner to product
- Build creative solutions to tough business challenges
- Have a nose for value and empathy for your internal and external customers by proactively identifying problems that have a high impact on the business
- Promote technical best practices and mentor other engineers within your team
Flatiron engineers work day-to-day with oncologists, product leaders, and data experts. In this role you'll have a chance to expand your communication skills and have mentorship outside of engineering.
Who You Are
You're an experienced software engineer with eight plus years of experience developing robust and scalable solutions to challenging problems. You're passionate about using modern technologies and building elegant scalable systems. You write simple, elegant, well-structured and well tested code that drives new features and improvements.
- You hold a bachelors, masters, and/or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field
- You have strong experience with languages like Python, C++, Java, and/or C#
- You are a strong, transparent communicator
- You seek simple approaches to complex solutions
You're also excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves and using technology to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives honest feedback and values the chance to improve the lives of cancer patients.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, oncologists, engineers and more all work together to deliver better solutions. By working cross-functionally, we have a chance to deliver better outcomes for patients.
You'll also find exceptional benefits, a culture of continuous learning and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between, including:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Backup child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Learn more about our culture, our values and apply today.
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top