Software Engineering Manager
We're looking for Software Engineering Managers who are passionate about helping us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What you'll do
In this role you’ll lead extraordinary software engineers while remaining hands-on with coding and technical architecture. You will lead a software engineering team in building products while maintaining a high quality bar with scalable and reusable technology. In addition you’ll also:
- Contribute hands-on to our products and infrastructure
- Act as player-coach and champion engineering standards
- Develop and mentor engineering and leadership talent
- Lead technical planning
- Contribute to strategic and tactical product planning
- Be responsible for the delivery and operation of high-quality software that helps Flatiron to grow
Flatiron engineers work day-to-day with oncologists, product leaders, and data experts. In this role you'll have a chance to expand your communication skills and provide mentorship outside of engineering.
Who you are
We welcome seasoned leaders who are enthusiastic about mentorship, coaching, and designing elegant solutions to complex problems. You're a dedicated people leader who recognizes that the success of an engineering team comes from its engineers. You have a track record of leading high performing teams that successfully deliver scalable products in an agile technology company or a startup.
- You have strong hands-on technical skills and can contribute to coding and architecture
- You are experienced in leading through influence
- You have a minimum of two years experience managing engineers
- You recognize the value of performance, reliability, and scalability of systems
- You regularly anticipate technical issues and make architectural and design decisions to avoid them
You're also excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top