Senior/Principal Quantitative Scientist
- Arlington, VA
We are looking for a senior leader with deep methodological expertise to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here is what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health could be the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will work as a senior member of the Quantitative Sciences team to answer some of the most important questions in cancer using Flatiron’s unique, large real-world dataset. In addition, you will also:
- Serve as a resident quantitative methodology expert by developing creative analytical solutions and applying appropriate statistical methodology to answer novel research questions
- Define and clarify analytic requirements, develop analysis plans and novel methods, and ensure data quality standards
- Lead technical initiatives that further our understanding of real world data and methods to generate real world evidence
- Mentor junior staff and collaborate on deliverables
- Develop and manage relationships with external partners (including life science companies, regulatory agencies, academic institutions and health technology assessment bodies) to advance the integration of our analytic products through demonstrated value
- Publish scientific work in peer-reviewed journals
- Have a leadership presence at scientific conferences and meetings by making presentations, organizing sessions, and leading discussions that advance the field of Real-World Evidence (RWE) research
You will collaborate with a team of oncologists, product managers, and software engineers to help develop, commercialize, and deliver analytics products. Working in a rapidly expanding business, you will be consistently challenged to partner with Flatiron colleagues and lead the analytical strategy to answer important questions in cancer research.
Who You Are
You are an analytical thinker with 5+ years of work experience in an academic or industry setting. You are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You are a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You hold a PhD (or equivalent) in a quantitative discipline such as biostatistics, epidemiology, applied statistics, health economics, or a related discipline
- You have expertise in outcomes research, with a strong publication record
- You have experience collaborating with researchers in the life science industry, academia, or government agencies
- You are a natural teacher; you have a passion for mentoring and teaching those of various backgrounds and levels of experience
- You are flexible and adapt well to complex challenges
- You have the ability to juggle multiple external interactions and deadlines simultaneously and the adaptability to collaborate with individuals at all levels and functions
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and a deep attention to detail
- You are self-motivated, self-directed and proactive
- You are willing to travel (approximately 10-20%)
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have oncology experience
- You have consulting experience
- You have experience working with longitudinal EMR data
- You have experience working with life sciences companies or health-related government agencies (e.g., CDC, NIH, or FDA)
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top