Our mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our software platform helps physicians manage complex patient treatments in cancer centers. It also empowers life science companies and academic researchers across the country so they can use real-world oncology data at a scale and clinical depth never before seen, advance patient care, and accelerate scientific discovery.
Are you interested in building elegant and scalable systems to help our customers unleash the power of their data? As a Platform Software Engineer you will design and implement backend components such as services, data stores, infrastructure, instrumentation, and deployment tools. You will continuously ship new features for our cloud based infrastructure.
You will empower Flatiron’s engineering team to scale both as we grow and iterate on new products. You will work on large, web-based and data processing applications. You will be responsible for the extensibility of reliable, scalable infrastructure that is used by multiple engineering teams and products.
Who you are:
- You hold a BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or related field
- You have worked with a range of languages and technologies. You apply proper tooling for the problem, having strong experience with languages like Python, C++, Java, C#, or Go
- You are passionate about performance, reliability, and scalability of systems
- You are passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
- You have developed systems, infrastructure and tooling for processing large datasets and/or have developed scalable high-availability web applications
- You have a good understanding of different data storage technologies and tradeoffs in one or more of: Postgresql, MySQL, MSSQL, HDFS, Hadoop, NoSQL, RedShift, ElasticSearch, etc…
- You are excited about accelerating the velocity of the entire engineering organization by developing new capabilities
- You are a strong advocate for the collection, measurement and interpretation of results: performance optimization, capacity planning, diagnostics
- You have taken a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
COVID-19: Please note that, pursuant to Flatiron's health and safety protocol relating to COVID-19, all Flatiron employees, including individuals selected for hire, are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status, and must be fully vaccinated in order to access our offices or travel to customer sites. Vaccination requirements are subject to legally required exemptions for disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs, though exemptions may not be feasible for some external-facing roles.