Senior Software Engineer
We're looking for highly skilled experienced software engineers who are passionate about helping us accomplish our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why you'll love making Flatiron Health the next step in your career.
What You'll Do
Learning from the experience of every cancer patient involves building systems that scale, excellent UI, and robust data pipelines along the way. There are openings for engineers across multiple product lines and technology stacks. We welcome passionate backend engineers, full-stack engineers, engineers that are enthusiastic about data, aspiring architects, and emerging engineering leaders. In addition, you’ll also:
- Write simple, elegant, well-structured, well-tested code that drives new features and improvements across all out products and services
- Build creative solutions to tough business challenges
- Promote technical best practices
Flatiron engineers work day-to-day with oncologists, product leaders, and data experts. In this role you'll have a chance to expand your communication skills and have mentorship outside of engineering.
Who You Are
You're an experienced software engineer with four plus years of experience developing robust and scalable solutions to challenging problems. You're passionate about using technology and building elegant scalable systems. You have a nose for value and empathy for your internal and external customers. You proactively identifying problems that have a high impact on the business.
- You hold a bachelors, masters, and/or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field
- You have experience with languages like Python, C++, Java, and/or C#
- You are a strong communicator
- You seek simple approaches to complex solutions
You're also excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves and using technology to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives honest feedback and values the chance to improve the lives of cancer patients.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have developed apps using modern front-end frameworks like React, AngularJS, or Ember.js
- You have taken a leading role in delivering complex software systems all the way to production
- You have developed distributed data processing systems against large, heterogeneous data sets
- You have a real passion for data and a strong understanding of statistics
- You have a good understanding of relational databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MSSQL
- You contribute to open source projects
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top