Senior Manager, Strategic Operations
- New York, NY
We're looking for Strategic Operations Senior Managers to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role you’ll work primarily on special projects for Flatiron’s Chief Medical Officer (CMO) or on special projects and general operational support for Flatiron’s Clinical Functions as a member of our Strategic Operations team. We currently have two openings on the Strategic Operations team to support both of these functions. You’ll be a partner to the scientific leadership in our Research Organization, working to support their critical role in providing clinical, regulatory, quality, statistical, and methodological direction and oversight for all of our research. You may also mentor other Strategic Operations team members, and help to drive continuity and value in the work of the team across the organization.
In this role you may:
- Drive forward complex and/or critical projects from concept to execution in collaboration with senior leadership from across the company
- Establish strong relationships with stakeholders, senior management, and other critical colleagues across the company
- Serve as the primary liaison between external consultants and internal teams in supporting novel or emerging workstreams
- Spearhead new or revamped processes to maximize efficiencies
- Play point on organizing financial, strategic planning, and headcount management processes
- Support the evolution and development of our clinical, quality and regulatory teams
- Conceptualize and gain buy-in on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and work cross-functionally to address them
- Develop proposals and manage follow-through on a number of strategic initiatives
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders
The role will be crucial to cultivating collaboration across teams, and developing solutions to foster a more high-functioning organization.
Who You Are
You're a detail-oriented, resourceful thinker with 8-15 years experience in strategy or business operations, with deep experience working cross-functionally with senior stakeholders. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- You ideally have experience at a pharmaceutical/biotech company and/or experience leading internal operations initiatives
- You have strong organizational skills and sense of ownership with the ability to keep projects and processes on track, maintain accountability and relationships with very senior internal and external stakeholders
- You are a strong and clear communicator (written and verbal)
- You are skilled at gracefully managing up, down, and across
- You are willing to work on a wide range of projects and requests with varying levels of complexity
- You are experienced at managing projects that require broad engagement and buy-in from across the company
- You are excited about working in an environment that requires constant adaptability and flexibility
- You are scrappy and intellectually curious
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience in medical research and/or oncology
- You have a graduate degree (MS, MPH, MBA, etc.)
- You have experience within a regulated environment (e.g. Food & Drug Administration [FDA], Health and Human Services [HHS], Medicare/Medicaid)
- You have exposure to EHR data
- You have experience with project management tools such as Wrike
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top