Senior Director, Quantitative Sciences
- New York, NY
Flatiron Health is looking for an inspiring senior leader for our Quantitative Sciences (QS) to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What you’ll do
In this role, you'll work with the QS organization, which is the analytical and methodological hub of Flatiron Health’s research. We are a group of scientists who are research and customer-focused. We provide quantitative leadership in cutting-edge research related to real world data working in collaboration with other Flatiron team members.
As one of the Heads of the QS organization, you will lead and manage a large group of diverse and talented QS team leaders and members (a group of 10-15 quantitative scientists and 3-4 directors/people managers) who are experts in curation of real world data and translation of real-world data to generate evidence. You will help and guide team members to transform real-world data into high quality functional datasets and analytics for cancer research, apply quantitative methods and provide actionable insights to stakeholders.
In addition, you’ll also:
- Accountable of supporting business lines of various products/use cases. Key areas will include: data platforms portfolio and application of machine learning in real-world evidence generation
- As the Head of QS-Partner Solutions team, you will work closely with our Life Science partners and our Product leadership team to enable the growth of this business line. Furthermore, as one of the Heads of QS, depending on your scientific expertise and prior experience, you could also be responsible for other business lines related to real-world evidence generation, as deemed appropriate
- Mentor and grow QS first line managers, team leads and individual contributors
- Manage a scientific roadmap and vision that supports sustainability of the research business
- Develop and manage relationships with key external partners including life science companies and academic institutions to advance the integration of our analytic products through demonstrated value
- Have a leadership presence at scientific conferences and meetings through presentations, organizing sessions, and leading discussions that advance the field of Real-World Evidence (RWE) research, particularly as it applies to EHR data
Who You Are
You’re an analytical thinker with 10+ years of relevant work experience (post PhD) in an industry setting. You hold a PhD in a quantitative discipline preferably in health economics, epidemiology or biostatistics or a related discipline. You hold a leadership position in creating cutting-edge methods for developing quality evidence using real-world data. You are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful strategic and execution challenges. You are a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have 10+ years of
- Oncology drug development/post-marketing research experience as a senior leader in quantitative sciences at a Pharmaceutical/Biotech enterprise
- Consulting experience with life sciences companies in data intensive applications (oncology or non-oncology) and held senior leadership position in collaborating with sponsors while relating data analytics to the sponsor’s research questions and development strategy
- You have a passion for mentoring and coaching those of various backgrounds and levels of experience. And have at least 10+ years of experience in managing and developing leaders in an organization with quantitative scientists
- You have a solid understanding of RWD-appropriate analytic methods, which may necessitate familiarity with R statistical software.
- You have the ability to juggle multiple internal and external interactions and deadlines simultaneously and the adaptability to collaborate with individuals at all levels and functions
- You can represent the data and analysis strategy, and get in the technical weeds to explain to our customers
- You are willing to travel (approximately 5-10%)
- You have experience working with longitudinal EMR, cancer registry, or insurance claims data
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top