QA Engineer, Manual
- New York, NY
We're looking for a QA Engineer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the QA team to test application functionality for our physician and patient facing applications. You'll work with the engineering team to ensure our software is appropriately coded and designed. In addition, you'll also:
- Understand the functionality, features and limitations of the OncoEMR application suite
- Research and understand current issues and technical bugs in the software
- Create and document test plans and scenarios to test all aspects of our products
- Test the limits of software at both the project and application level, including integration with related applications
- Work with cross functional teams and key stakeholders like product owners and customer support teams to recommend possible solutions and resolve issues
- Act as an expert on OncoEMR and its capabilities
By joining this team you will be identifying weaknesses and inconsistencies in the product at all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle and ensuring a positive end user experience.
Who You Are
You're a technically strong and creative QA Engineer with 5 to 10 years of functional experience. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You are technology savvy
- You have understanding and experience with technical troubleshooting
- You have knowledge of SQL
- You are a fast learner who can grasp new material quickly
- You have the ability to effectively prioritize projects
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong attention to detail
- You hold a BS, preferably in a technical field
- You are passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have Medical or Oncology experience
- You have Jira experience
- You have Automation experience using Selenium
- You have experience in any programing language (C#, Python etc.)
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top