Operational Excellence Manager
- New York, NY
We're looking for a Manager to join the Operational Excellence team to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll drive value through org-wide strategic projects, process improvement, and change management for cross-team initiatives across our Provider organization. This role is responsible for forward progress on the Operational Excellence roadmap and inasmuch responsible for aligning, empowering and equipping appropriate teams with resources needed to multiply Flatiron's value to providers and their patients.
In this role, you will own end-to-end planning, project management, and internal communications to lead and drive our bi-annual Provider All Hands meetings with strong cross-functional contribution to content & org-wide engagement and you will drive cross-functional strategic projects that enable us to achieve or accelerate progress towards our Provider strategy. Examples of current projects include driving change management for an internal rebranding initiative, developing and driving forward an updated org-wide decision making approach & programming, and operationalizing a new program or initiative across a broad set of cross functional teams.
- Develop strong and trusted relationships with key internal stakeholders (your customers)
- Work cross-functionally to define project goals, develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure timely delivery, maintaining a sense of urgency along the way
- Design with strong stakeholder input & implement new processes and scale methodology and toolkits to guide internal operations & drive efficiency and effectiveness gains across the org
- Drive forward projects and communicate progress and decisions clearly and regularly to internal and external stakeholders escalating concerns as necessary
- Develop our internal communications plan, own project management, and all other event-related activities for our bi-annual provider-wide All Hands meetings
- Advocate for internal customer needs, achieving buy-in from stakeholders and influencing cross-functional teams to achieve deliverables
- Analyze tradeoffs between projects, impact on our customers, and strategic alignment with Flatiron's mission
Who You Are
You're a creative thinker and team-player with at least 3 years of experience in operations, program management, or project management. You have robust project management skills with demonstrated success in bringing to life highly complex projects with multiple dependencies, adapting to change along the way. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of operations, project management and/or consulting experience
- You have a high degree of comfort with ambiguity & are able to quickly develop hypotheses with limited information.
- You have the ability to effectively identify what’s important and effectively prioritize competing workstreams
- You have excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify, and explain complex problems to different cross-functional stakeholders
- You have a willingness to learn and dig into details
- You are able to operate effectively when there is little to no structure & many unknowns
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrated ability to deliver results
- You are able to work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization, with particular skill in managing and negotiating with internal stakeholders to drive maximum efficiency
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top