We’re looking for a skilled IT Support Engineer to help us accomplish our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team, and why you'll love making Flatiron Health the next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll join the IT Operations team by providing technical support for clients experiencing hardware, software, and networking issues. In addition, you’ll also:
- Respond to incoming support requests via multiple channels, including Slack, Zendesk, in-person, email and self service.
- Provide level 1/level 2 technical support to colleagues both on-site and remotely, in a MacOS/Windows environment.
- Provide Active Directory/Okta user account services such as password resets, server/file share permissions, etc.
- Analyze and consult on implementation and troubleshooting of technology products.
- Create and maintain Technical troubleshooting documentation.
We are a growing team with plenty of opportunities for you to learn and contribute to our team objectives.
Who You Are
You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- 3+ years of experience in a support environment, ideally with both service desk and on-site desktop support experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of deployment and support of MacOS, WindowsOS
- Comprehensive knowledge of iOS, and Android mobile devices.
- Working knowledge of Okta, G-Suite, Zoom and Slack.
- Excellent customer service skills, able t o work with colleagues at all levels
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Flexible and collaborative style, with a willingness to adapt to new ways of working as the business changes.
- You have a strong analytical background that enables you to work on complex business use cases
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) certification
- GSuite Administrator certification
- JAMF Certification
- CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Previous work experience at a rapidly scaling startup
- Familiarity with SDLC practices and concepts
- Experience supporting software engineering teams
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
COVID-19: Pursuant to Flatiron's health and safety protocol relating to COVID-19, candidates selected for hire must disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status and must be fully vaccinated in order to access our offices or travel to customer sites, subject to legally required exemptions for disability or sincerely-held religious belief. Flatiron will engage in an interactive process as appropriate for the particular position. For external-facing roles, especially those involving contact with vulnerable individuals, accommodations for unvaccinated status may not be feasible.