Reimagine the infrastructure of cancer care within a technology and science community that values integrity, inspires growth, and is uniquely positioned to create a more modern, connected oncology ecosystem.
We're looking for an Associate Principal to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Are you ready to be the next changemaker in cancer care?
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work cross-functionally across the Life Sciences Partnerships team and the Flatiron Imaging Product team to support multiple customer segments in advancing their research priorities using Flatiron's RWD products, specifically leveraging Flatiron's radiology imaging data.
Flatiron's Evidence organization is focused on innovating in the Real-World Evidence (RWE) and Clinical Trials space. Our technology-first approach has allowed us to build RWD with higher quality, accuracy, recency, and scale than any other cancer data that is available. Flatiron has recently begun integrating our core clinical RWD with radiology imaging data sourced from our practice network. We have active partnerships with the top 15 oncology biopharma companies, the FDA, and are expanding our partnerships within the technology and AI-development industry. In this role, you will:
- Lead strategic engagement to develop foundational relationships within the following customer segments:
- Technology and AI development partners
- Biopharma RWE and AI partners
- Develop a robust sales pipeline for Flatiron radiology imaging data and clinical RWD
- Become a subject matter expert on Flatiron's real world data, specifically as it pertains to the use of radiology imaging data to support the development of diagnostic and predictive AI products.
- Ensure effective day-to-day management of our existing RWE partners (both technology/AI and biopharma), ensuring they are extracting significant value from our RWE product offerings (may include >20% travel on-site to customers)
- Lead development of new business proposals -- directly contributing to Flatiron revenues across the RWE business, specifically in the imaging product line.
- Be the voice of the customer and collaborate across internal functional groups (product, research oncology, quantitative science, engineering, business development, legal and finance team members) to identify opportunities to enhance existing products, identify new potential product offerings, and influence go-to-market strategy
- Closely partner with the broader Life Sciences Partnerships team to execute against Flatiron's sales strategy to drive explosive growth for the Flatiron Research business
- Contribute to strategic initiatives, such as identifying and pursuing new growth opportunities for Flatiron and championing new processes to optimize Flatiron Research
- Attend relevant industry events to support ongoing growth of long term sales pipeline (eg. RSNA, ASCO, other technology and data-related events)
Who You Are
You're a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who values the opportunity to think beyond the way things are. In addition, you're an individual with a deep understanding of the healthcare industry, an analytical approach to problem solving, and client management and organizational skills. You are highly motivated by being part of a cross-functional team focused on transformational change in the area of cancer research. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day, and are excited about having primary ownership over the development of a sales pipeline for a novel and innovative product line:
- You have a B.A. or B.S. (preferred discipline in biological sciences, engineering, biostatistics, health economics, or similar)
- You have 6+ years of experience in client-facing roles of increasing responsibility, delivering products, services, or analyses to biopharma companies, in organizations such as: life sciences-oriented consulting firms, healthcare focused analytics and/or outcomes research firms, healthcare technology companies
- You have oncology experience
- You have a strong understanding of the value real world evidence brings to the biopharma and technology industries
- You have a track record of success in developing long term business relationships with biopharma companies in a strategic and abstract space and experience owning high-profile client relationships
- You are interested in engaging directly with biopharma partners to help advance their research and business related strategies
- You can apply your healthcare background (preferably a focus on oncology) to support end-to-end client engagement process, including capabilities presentations, project scoping, and customer support
- You are flexible, have a start-up mindset, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to juggle multiple client interactions and deadlines simultaneously
- You have the agility to work across and develop relationships with diverse, cross-functional teams
- You have exceptional written and communication skills
- You have the following traits: proactive, self-motivated and self-directed, detail-oriented, comfortable with ambiguity, data driven
- You have direct experience in selling radiology data
- You have direct experience in selling to technology and AI (eg. algorithm-development) companies
- You have direct experience collaborating with teams focused on real-world data science, epidemiology, health economics and outcomes research, or medical affairs
- You have direct experience in building sales pipelines from the ground up
- You have experience with development plans and commercial strategies that leverage real-world clinical data
- You have an MBA, PhD, or MD, a strong plus
Life at Flatiron
At Flatiron Health, we offer a full range of benefits to support you and your loved ones so you can focus your working hours on improving cancer care and accelerating cancer research, and your non-working hours on everything else life has to offer:
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive compensation package
- 401(k) contribution to help you reach your retirement planning goals
- Financial health resources including 1:1 financial advice
- Mental well-being tools and services
- Parental benefits and policies including family-building care and generous leave
- Path to parenthood programs supporting fertility, adoption and surrogacy
- Travel support for safe healthcare services
- Lifestyle spending account for perks that make sense for you and your family
In addition to our robust benefit offerings, visit our Life at Flatiron page to learn how we support continuous learning through professional development programs and celebrate Diversity in the workplace.
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Job Compensation Range
Preferred Primary Location: SF Office
Salary Range: $156,000.00 - $234,000.00
The annual pay range reflected above for this position is based on the preferred primary location of the role which is listed in the job description. Salary ranges for other locations vary from the range reflected above. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. An annual bonus and equity may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.