Software Engineer - Intern
As part of the Engineering team at FiveStars, our mission is to deliver applications which impact and improve the day to day lives of small business owners and consumers using our products across our network. In this role you’ll be an integral part of our engineering organization. We’ll provide you with all the mentorship, support, engagement and real time experience that you need to accelerate your learning and make an impact on the FiveStars product.
Who you are:
You’re currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related field and want to solve complex and interesting problems. You demonstrate a high level of curiosity and thirst for learning. You are a strong team player who wants to contribute to a product which impacts the lives of business owners and consumers alike.
What you’ll do:
- Work across the entire web and desktop stack, from front-end to back-end to database to OS
- Learn quickly and adapt to the rapidly changing web environment
- Get exposure to 2-3 parts of our infrastructure
- Love to pair program and are ready to learn all about agile code review and test architecture
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D degree in any of the following: CS, EE, Physics, Math
- Strong team player - we work in small product teams that work very closely together and are constantly collaborating in order to move as fast as possible
- Excel at structured and quantitative thinking and problem solving
- Love to crank out code and hack on problems in your free time
- Previous internship experience is not required, but is preferred
Who we are:
FiveStars is a rewards and marketing platform for local businesses and the communities they serve. Over 12,000 businesses across the US and Canada use FiveStars’ easy, all-in-one marketing program, and over 21 million consumers participate in the FiveStars rewards network to support local businesses. The company has raised $105 million from top-tier investors including HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator.
FiveStars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Meet Some of FiveStars's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Victor ensures that the right people get hired for the right positions—and that everyone within the organization is working toward the company mission, while in accordance with its core values.
Back to top