Software Engineer - Intern
As part of the Engineering team at Fivestars, our mission is to deliver applications which impact and improve the day to day lives of small business owners and consumers using our products across our network. In this role you’ll be an integral part of our engineering organization. We’ll provide you with all the mentorship, support, engagement and real time experience that you need to accelerate your learning and make an impact on the Fivestars product.
Who you are:
You’re currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related field and want to solve complex and interesting problems. You demonstrate a high level of curiosity and thirst for learning. You are a strong team player who wants to contribute to a product which impacts the lives of business owners and consumers alike.
What you’ll do:
- Work across the entire web and desktop stack, from front-end to back-end to database to OS
- Learn quickly and adapt to the rapidly changing web environment
- Get exposure to 2-3 parts of our infrastructure
- Love to pair program and are ready to learn all about agile code review and test architecture
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D degree in any of the following: CS, EE, Physics, Math
- Strong team player - we work in small product teams that work very closely together and are constantly collaborating in order to move as fast as possible
- Excel at structured and quantitative thinking and problem solving
- Love to crank out code and hack on problems in your free time
- Previous internship experience is not required, but is preferred
Who we are:
At Fivestars our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 30 million people use Fivestars to get deals at over 12,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with one powerful program. In 2017, Fivestars drove 80 million in-store visits across its network. We’ve raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator and invite you to join us in creating a Love Local movement across the US and Canada. Visit www.Fivestars.com for more information.
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
See Inside the Office of FiveStars
FiveStars is the easiest way for local businesses to deliver great customer experiences, in and out of store. Through unique rewards, personalized service, and intelligent automated messages, FiveStars helps every customer feel like a VIP. Founded in 2011, FiveStars has now saved over 16 million consumers over $150 million while shopping at 12,000 local businesses in the U.S. and Canada.
Back to top