Software Engineer in Test
FiveStars is the easiest way for local businesses to deliver great customer experiences, in and out of store. Through unique rewards, personalized service, and intelligent automated messages, FiveStars helps every customer feel like a VIP. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship.
FiveStars has now saved consumers over $100 million while shopping at 12,000 local businesses in the U.S., and Canada. Over 16 million consumers use FiveStars to save money while supporting local businesses. To-date FiveStars has raised over $105 million from top-tier investors including HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
FiveStars is seeking a Software Engineer In Test to come in and make a huge impact on our growing QA team. As part of the larger Engineering organization, you will help balance the demands of rapid product development with stability and a bug free customer experience. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build out testing frameworks for the our wide range of products, and apply cutting edge testing technology to ensure our success. Come help us build the future of customer engagement for small businesses!
- Building test harness/infrastructure from the ground up in collaboration with various teams under minimal supervision
- Work in a multi-disciplined scrum team to plan, design, and implement test infrastructure / new feature testing / automation
- Evaluate application designs in regards to technical feasibility and approximate test development time
- Maintain a high level of quality in our desktop, web and mobile applications through sound development practices, including code reviews, monitoring systems, and architecture reviews
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science or a related field (math, physics, engineering) and strong CS fundamentals
- 4+ years of experience shipping software in Development, Infrastructure Test, or related capacity
- 4+ years of experience, including automation, building infrastructure tools / test harnesses from the ground up
- 4+ years of experience with object oriented coding and development, in languages like Java, Python, Objective-C, or Swift
- Strong hands-on experience with automated test frameworks, such as Selenium, Appium, Espresso, or equivalents
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, and the ability to work cross functionally and collaborate with teams
- Strong team player - we work in small product teams that work very closely together and are constantly collaborating in order to move as fast as possible
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment, open source tools and utilizing virtual machines as a part of testing/automation
- Have shipped a desktop or a mobile application using a traditional or cross-platform toolkit
- Experience with automating Clover and Square Point-of-Sale systems / applications
- Experience automating or building Android and/or iOS applications
- Experience working with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, or equivalent tools
FiveStars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.
Meet Some of FiveStars's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Victor ensures that the right people get hired for the right positions—and that everyone within the organization is working toward the company mission, while in accordance with its core values.
Back to top