Senior Visual Designer
The Design Team at FiveStars is seeking a senior-level visual designer to join our team. You will help lead design innovation and process for our exciting, evolving product ecosystem!
- Be a relentless advocate for user-centered design across our product ecosystem
- Act as design lead for a project or several projects; manage relevant tracks of work for and mentor junior designers on project teams
- Partner with product management and development leads to set product direction, validate design decisions and concepts, and deliver value to internal stakeholders and external users
- Effectively communicate proposed design solutions, as well as cross-platform interdependencies, through sketches, visual screens, and/or other methods
- Participate fully in design critiques and be prepared to lead cross-functional design sessions (soliciting, giving, and receiving actionable feedback)
- Participate in planning, methodology, and synthesis of user research and analytical testing, such as contextual interviews, usability tests, A/B testing, personas, and journey maps; seamlessly integrate data from cross-functional teams into design and research process
- Degree or certificate in design, psychology, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in visual design
- Portfolio of design work that demonstrates design thinking and team collaboration, including demonstrated expertise with cross-platform, cross-device, and cross-persona design problems
- Demonstrated design leadership and communication abilities with cross-functional and multi-functional teams
- Ability to develop creative approaches to solving complex user experience problems and to convey ideas in a tangible and effective format
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and prioritize end users’ needs and desires, and to effectively transform this analysis into visual solutions
FiveStars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.
Meet Some of FiveStars's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Victor ensures that the right people get hired for the right positions—and that everyone within the organization is working toward the company mission, while in accordance with its core values.
Back to top