Senior Software Engineer - Mobile (Native iOS)
FiveStars is searching for iOS engineers who are thoughtful, responsible, and passionate builders who want to be part of a highly collaborative team that is creating the best user experience in mobile. We are looking for someone who is skilled in iOS development, values good design, and is not afraid to get their hands dirty in backend code. We are in a position to shape how some of the newest trends in tech (BLE, NFC, among others) improve how local commerce is done, and we would love to have you help us create that future!
- Work in a multi-disciplined scrum team to plan, design, and implement new features for our native FiveStars iOS application
- Evaluate application designs in regards to technical feasibility and approximate development time
- Write high-quality code in Objective-C and Swift using Xcode and design and implement RESTful APIs in our Django stack
- Maintain a high level of quality in our code bases through well-written automated tests and good architecture and code review practices
- Invest in FiveStars and its culture - our values are something we live and breathe every day
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science or a related field (math, physics, engineering) and strong CS fundamentals
- 5+ years of coding experience
- 3+ years of experience developing for iOS
- Strong team player - we work in small product teams that work very closely together and are constantly collaborating in order to move as fast as possible
- Have shipped an iOS application and proficient in one of the following languages: Objective-C or Swift
- An understanding of mobile test strategies and frameworks
- Experience with continuous integration
- Familiarity with Python, Django and Git
- Previous lead experience a plus
FiveStars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.
Meet Some of FiveStars's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Victor ensures that the right people get hired for the right positions—and that everyone within the organization is working toward the company mission, while in accordance with its core values.
Back to top