Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to help ensure that FiveStars has a reliable and scalable backend system. Help us transition some of our legacy systems to a clean, elegant Service Oriented Architecture. During our time of growth, you will be helping us to deliver highly scalable and reliable systems which drive the experience of thousands of businesses and millions of consumers.
- Work on the platform upon which all of our web products and mobile APIs are built
- Proactively identify site scaling issues and help redesign systems to address them
- Maintain a high level of quality in our infrastructure systems through sound development practices including code reviews, monitoring and alerting systems, and architecture reviews
- Ability to design, develop, and stand up new services based on new product needs
- Continually improve our internal infrastructure and tools
- Invest in FiveStars and our culture - our values are something we live and breathe every day
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science or a related field (math, physics, engineering) and strong CS fundamentals
- Expertise building large-scale, distributed, high-volume systems
- Enjoy playing with tech like nginx, haproxy, postgres, AWS, ansible, docker, nagios, or graphite
- Be a strong team player
- Work with small, tightly knit product teams that function cohesively to move as quickly as possible
- Determination to provide reliable and fault tolerant systems to the application developers that consume them
- Deep working knowledge of Linux servers and networked environments
- Thorough understanding of distributed systems and the protocols they use, including TCP/IP, RESTful APIs, SQL, NoSQL
- Experience in managing and sharding a relational database
FiveStars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.
Meet Some of FiveStars's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Victor ensures that the right people get hired for the right positions—and that everyone within the organization is working toward the company mission, while in accordance with its core values.
Back to top