Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure
As part of the Engineering team at FiveStars, our mission is to deliver applications which impact and improve the day to day lives of small business owners and consumers using our products across our network. In this role, you’ll be building and delivering highly scalable and reliable systems which drive the experience of thousands of local businesses and millions of consumers.
Who you are:
You’re an experienced, infrastructure engineer who has built large, scalable systems which handle millions of daily requests. You have the ability to design, develop, and stand up new services based on product needs. You have experience transitioning from monolithic architectures to microservices. You are determined to provide reliable and fault tolerant systems to the application developers that consume them.
What you’ll do:
- You will work on the platform upon which all of our web products and mobile APIs are built
- You’ll actively identify site scaling issues and help redesign systems to address them
- You’ll maintain a high level of quality in our infrastructure systems through sound development practices including code reviews, monitoring and alerting systems, automated testing and architecture reviews
What we're looking for:
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science or a related field (math, physics, engineering) and strong CS fundamentals
- 5+ years experience building large-scale, distributed, high-volume systems
- Enjoy playing with tech like nginx, haproxy, postgres, AWS, ansible, docker, kubernetes, nagios, or graphite
- Be a strong team player. We work in small, tightly knit product teams that function cohesively to move as quickly as possible
- Deep working knowledge of Linux servers and networked environments
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and the protocols they use, including TCP/IP, RESTful APIs, SQL, NoSQL
- Experience in managing and sharding a relational database
Who we are:
FiveStars is a rewards and marketing platform for local businesses and the communities they serve. Over 12,000 businesses across the US and Canada use FiveStars’ easy, all-in-one marketing program, and over 21 million consumers participate in the FiveStars rewards network to support local businesses. The company has raised $105 million from top-tier investors including HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator.
Meet Some of FiveStars's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Victor ensures that the right people get hired for the right positions—and that everyone within the organization is working toward the company mission, while in accordance with its core values.
Back to top