Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure
As part of the Engineering team at Fivestars, our mission is to deliver applications which impact and improve the day to day lives of small business owners and consumers using our products across our network. In this role, you’ll be building and delivering highly scalable and reliable systems which drive the experience of thousands of local businesses and millions of consumers.
Who you are:
You’re an experienced, infrastructure engineer who has built large, scalable systems which handle millions of daily requests. You have the ability to design, develop, and stand up new services based on product needs. You have experience transitioning from monolithic architectures to microservices. You are determined to provide reliable and fault tolerant systems to the application developers that consume them.
What you’ll do:
- You will work on the platform upon which all of our web products and mobile APIs are built
- You’ll actively identify site scaling issues and help redesign systems to address them
- You’ll maintain a high level of quality in our infrastructure systems through sound development practices including code reviews, monitoring and alerting systems, automated testing and architecture reviews
What we're looking for:
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science or a related field (math, physics, engineering) and strong CS fundamentals
- 5+ years experience building large-scale, distributed, high-volume systems
- Enjoy playing with tech like nginx, haproxy, postgres, AWS, ansible, docker, kubernetes, nagios, or graphite
- Be a strong team player. We work in small, tightly knit product teams that function cohesively to move as quickly as possible
- Deep working knowledge of Linux servers and networked environments
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and the protocols they use, including TCP/IP, RESTful APIs, SQL, NoSQL
- Experience in managing and sharding a relational database
Who we are:
At Fivestars our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 30 million people use Fivestars to get deals at over 12,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with one powerful program. In 2017, Fivestars drove 80 million in-store visits across its network. We’ve raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator and invite you to join us in creating a Love Local movement across the US and Canada. Visit www.Fivestars.com for more information.
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.
See Inside the Office of FiveStars
FiveStars is the easiest way for local businesses to deliver great customer experiences, in and out of store. Through unique rewards, personalized service, and intelligent automated messages, FiveStars helps every customer feel like a VIP. Founded in 2011, FiveStars has now saved over 16 million consumers over $150 million while shopping at 12,000 local businesses in the U.S. and Canada.
Back to top