Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Our lightweight desktop client pushes the boundaries of OS integration and is at the core of our industry leading approach to loyalty, enabling us to support over 300 different brands of restaurant and retail systems. Beyond our in-store experience we provide our merchants with a powerful dashboard to monitor their loyalty campaigns, make tweaks, and directly communicate with their customers.These systems are the primary method in which merchants interact with FiveStars, and you will be on the cutting edge of developing that product experience.
We would love to see someone who has had lead experience in the past. If you enjoy mentoring younger engineers, or if you want to grow into more engineering management, this is a great role for you.
- Work in a multi-disciplined scrum team to plan, design, and implement new features for our merchant application
- Evaluate application designs in regards to technical feasibility and approximate development time
- Work directly with low-level print and graphics drivers and pipelines in various OS environments
- Maintain a high level of quality in our desktop applications through sound development practices, including code reviews, monitoring systems, and architecture reviews
- Drive product development on our rich web applications, enabling our merchants to make better decisions and stronger connections with their customers
- Design for scale - our data is growing exponentially and we need new solutions to keep up with that growth
- Love to pair program and do not mind reviewing code (maybe even enjoy it)
- Invest in FiveStars and its culture - our values are something we live and breathe every day
- Lead a team of 3+ engineers immediately or in the future
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science or a related field (math, physics, engineering) and strong CS fundamentals
- Strong team player - we work in small product teams that work very closely together and are constantly collaborating in order to move as fast as possible
- Have shipped a desktop application using a traditional or cross-platform toolkit (i.e., Win32 APIs, Cocoa, Carbon, Qt, wxWidgets)
- Experience and/or interest in semantic HTML/CSS. If this makes you cringe and yearn for something better then we want you
- Familiarity with print drivers and printing infrastructure
- Experience with any automated app update system
- An interest in applying lessons from other approaches and paradigms (i.e. Functional Reactive Programming, Clojure/ClojureScript, etc.)
- Experience with our stack - Bootstrap, Angular, Django, Celery/RabbitMQ
FiveStars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.
Meet Some of FiveStars's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Victor ensures that the right people get hired for the right positions—and that everyone within the organization is working toward the company mission, while in accordance with its core values.
Back to top