Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
As part of the Engineering team at FiveStars, our mission is to deliver applications which impact and improve the day to day lives of small business owners and consumers using our products across our network. In this role you’ll plan, design, and implement new features in our merchant and consumer applications, impacting both our in and out of store experiences.
Who you are:
You’re an experienced, full stack developer who demonstrates a high level of curiosity and keeps up with the latest technologies. You have developed and maintained multiple full stack web applications throughout the entirety of their lifecycle. You have a strong eye for software design. You want to tackle tough technical challenges and have a desire to impact local businesses and communities.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain a high level of quality in our code bases through well-written automated tests, good architecture and code review practices
- Own, design and code product initiatives from start to finish
- Work collaboratively with designers, PMs & QA to ensure our products are the best they can be
- Always be shipping software
What we’re looking for:
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science or a related field (math, physics, engineering) and strong CS fundamentals
- Strong team player - we work in small product teams that work very closely together and are constantly collaborating in order to move as fast as possible
- Experience and/or interest in semantic HTML/CSS. If this makes you cringe and yearn for something better then we want you
Who we are:
FiveStars is a rewards and marketing platform for local businesses and the communities they serve. Over 12,000 businesses across the US and Canada use FiveStars’ easy, all-in-one marketing program, and over 21 million consumers participate in the FiveStars rewards network to support local businesses. The company has raised $105 million from top-tier investors including HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator.
FiveStars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.
Meet Some of FiveStars's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Victor ensures that the right people get hired for the right positions—and that everyone within the organization is working toward the company mission, while in accordance with its core values.
Back to top