Senior Product Designer
Do you love tough challenges and exciting adventures? Would you like to work on a product that touches millions of consumers and thousands of merchants? Do you want that product to be one which helps the little guy have a fighting chance against large corporate chains? Yes? You should join us at FiveStars.
We are looking for a senior product designer who is excited to lead the vision and execution of design projects at FiveStars. As a designer coming on board, you’ll be joining and fostering a culture of making, testing and learning. You will be part of a highly collaborative, iterative, learning environment that is excited by crafting new and exciting solutions to business owners problems.
- You will design products from discovery to delivery through an iterative process
- You will collaborate cross-functionally to understand business requirements and develop solutions
- You will advocate for a user-centered approach across our product ecosystem
- You will craft compelling interactive designs and are able to communicate how they improve the user experience
- You will facilitate high-level strategic decisions through brainstorming, user research, analytics, and a strong understanding of product
- Play a key role in the visual design of our language and patterns
- You will occasionally eat a piece of pizza or two or six
- Degree or proven experience in design, psychology, or related field
- 4+ years of product design experience
- Portfolio of design work that demonstrates design thinking and team collaboration, including demonstrated expertise with cross-platform, cross-device, and cross-persona design problems
- Demonstrated design leadership and communication abilities with cross-functional and multi-functional teams
- Ability to develop creative approaches to solving complex user experience problems and to convey ideas in a tangible and effective format
- Knowledge of a variety of user research methods; demonstrated understanding of the capabilities and limitations of various research methods
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and prioritize end users’ workflows, needs and dreams, and to effectively transform this analysis into design solutions
FiveStars is a rewards and marketing platform for local businesses and the communities they serve. Over 12,000 businesses across the US and Canada use FiveStars’ easy, all-in-one marketing program, and over 18 million consumers participate in the FiveStars rewards network to support local businesses. In 2016, FiveStars drove over 54 million in-store visits across its network. We have raised $105 million from top-tier investors including HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator. Based in San Francisco, FiveStars’ mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship.
FiveStars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.
Meet Some of FiveStars's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Victor ensures that the right people get hired for the right positions—and that everyone within the organization is working toward the company mission, while in accordance with its core values.
Back to top