Senior Hardware Product Engineer
As part of the Engineering team at FiveStars, our mission is to deliver applications which impact and improve the day to day lives of small business owners and consumers using our products across our network. We ship products on tablets and currently deploy thousands of tablets per month to our merchants. As our hardware demands continue to grow, we are investing in our internal processes around hardware testing, monitoring and life-cycle management.
Who you are:
You are experienced in the domain of consumer electronics with a track record of using your knowledge of analog/digital circuits to uncover and troubleshoot problems. You have hacked together things in a scripting language (preferably Python or Bash) to automate tasks for yourself or for your workplace. You have made contributions to open source projects such as AOSP or Linux. You want to have ownership over your work and bring the reliability of a distributed hardware network to the next level.
What you’ll do:
- Manage tablet life-cycle from specification to operation and retirement
- Manage and improve our tablet staging process along with our supply chain team
- Manage QC test case creation throughout the hardware life-cycle (in and out the door)
- Work with our support team to resolve hardware issues in the field
- Create tablet performance benchmarking for qualifying new tablet hardware
- Analyze hardware data (battery life, power up/down events, etc) to identify problem hardware and tablet life expectancy across our fleet in the field
What we’re looking for:
- B.S or greater in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience troubleshooting consumer electronics
- Working knowledge of statistics and experience with hardware data analysis
- Excel at structured and quantitative thinking and problem solving
- Experience working with overseas manufacturers is preferred
Who we are:
FiveStars is a rewards and marketing platform for local businesses and the communities they serve. Over 12,000 businesses across the US and Canada use FiveStars’ easy, all-in-one marketing program, and over 21 million consumers participate in the FiveStars rewards network to support local businesses. The company has raised $105 million from top-tier investors including HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator.
FiveStars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.
Meet Some of FiveStars's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Victor ensures that the right people get hired for the right positions—and that everyone within the organization is working toward the company mission, while in accordance with its core values.
Back to top