Senior Engineering Manager
As our Senior Engineering Manager in our Denver office, you will be responsible for building, managing, and ensuring that FiveStars has efficient and capable engineering teams to implement our product roadmaps. All of the software, services, protocols, and data storage systems touched by your teams will be your responsibility. Influence the technologies that we use, how we use them, and how we stay ahead of scaling a system to tens of thousands of businesses and hundreds of millions of users. Work cross functionally with stakeholders both inside and outside of engineering to refine the plans and roadmaps of your teams and then execute on them.
- Building and managing our engineering presence in Denver from scratch: help develop OKRs, prioritize roadmaps, gauge throughput, and minimize risk-weighted mistakes across them
- Provide career and technical mentorship for team managers and ICs alike
- Recruit and retain the best engineering talent by networking, refining our interview and onboarding processes, and believing and selling the vision of FiveStars
- Maintain a high level of quality in our infrastructure and software systems through sound development practices including code reviews, monitoring and alerting systems, and architecture reviews
- Invest in FiveStars and its culture - our values are something we live and breathe every day (Shared Humility, Authentic Relationships, Warrior Spirit, and Joy Every Day)
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science or a related field (math, physics, engineering) and strong CS fundamentals
- 7+ years of overall experience in engineering including at least 3 years of engineering management
- Enjoy learning new technologies across the software development stack like IDEs, testing infrastructure, web services, databases, etc.
- Be a strong team player. Work with small, tightly knit product teams that function cohesively to move as quickly as possible
- Deep working knowledge of 2 or more core technical domains: distributed systems, web applications and APIs, databases, networking, mobile applications, etc.
- Experience in scaling applications up to millions of users
- Working knowledge of application security
Meet Some of FiveStars's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Victor ensures that the right people get hired for the right positions—and that everyone within the organization is working toward the company mission, while in accordance with its core values.
Back to top