Senior Email Marketing Manager
FiveStars is a rewards and marketing platform for local businesses and the communities they serve. Over 12,000 businesses across the US and Canada use FiveStars’ easy, all-in-one marketing program, and over 18 million consumers participate in the FiveStars rewards network to support local businesses. In 2016, FiveStars drove over 54 million in-store visits across its network. We have raised $105 million from top-tier investors including HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator. Based in San Francisco, FiveStars’ mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship.
Are you a talented and creative email marketing manager who loves crafting deeply personalized, automated and scaled email marketing programs? As we continue to experience merchant and consumer growth, it's important for us to engage with prospects and customers at the right time, and educate them about local business marketing and FiveStars’ product. You’ll be surrounded by a team of strong product and marketing people from Facebook, Google, Red Ventures and Twitter.
- Drive the strategy and execution of all lead generation email programs
- Partner with Product and Brand marketers to develop communications that support prospect lifecycle initiatives, new product updates and brand perception
- Lead the strategy for driving significant SMB and Enterprise leads through drip and weekly emails
- Build and execute A/B tests on an ongoing basis to improve email performance.
- You will mentor the team towards operational excellence around email best practices
- Test new and advanced advertising platforms and features with the ability to define, measure and identify successful tests and scale these programs
- Rally your audience around our love of local and design your content strategy to support our brand promise
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 4+ years of email marketing experience
- Expertise in data-driven marketing and customer segmentation. You prefer making decisions based on deep analysis and hate misleading/inaccurate data.
- Knowledge of email best practices including subject lines, messaging, segmentation, list management, deliverability and CAN-SPAM/anti-spam laws.
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience executing email campaigns that are a key driver of sales
- Great writing skills with a passion for great copy
- Highly analytical and creative at the same time; a balance of creative and analytical mindset and interest
- Detail oriented and strong communicator
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Experience with Marketo, Mailchimp or comparable product
- Advanced Excel skills and SQL Experience
Meet Some of FiveStars's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Victor ensures that the right people get hired for the right positions—and that everyone within the organization is working toward the company mission, while in accordance with its core values.
Back to top