Senior Accountant (Payroll)
At Fivestars our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 30 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at 12,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with one powerful program. In 2017, Fivestars drove $2 billion in local commerce across its network. We’ve raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator and invite you to join us in creating a Love Local movement across the US and Canada. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
We are looking for a Senior GL Accountant who will focus on Payroll, Benefits and Accounts Payable. As a member of the Finance Team, the Senior Accountant will have broad responsibilities including but not limited to G/L reconciliation, payroll support and accounts payable. The ideal a candidate will have 5-7 years of relevant accounting experience in a high growth, fast-paced environment in the SAAS industry. The candidate should have a strong accounting background and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, be comfortable working in various roles within the accounting department, and will have a strong desire to build all aspects of their accounting skill set. Strong communication skills are essential as this role will interact regularly with other departments in the organization. You would be backed by great leadership, in a world-class culture that values problem-solving and belonging. We are consistently voted one of the best places to work, offering 31 days holiday to start and 100% company paid healthcare coverage.
Payroll & Benefits
- Prepare employee benefit transactions for each pay period
- Reconcile employee benefit and benefits related GL accounts
- Audit benefits bills
- Monitor communications from employees and vendors to collect and pay all invoices in a timely manner
- Manage online bill pay system to route invoices to managers for appropriate approvals
- Code invoices to appropriate expense accounts and balance sheet accounts
- Audit partner payments
- Create new vendors in system, process 1099 and ad hoc reporting as requested
- Manage company corporate cards and reconcile Amex account on a monthly basis
- 5-7 years accounting experience
- BS in Finance or Accounting required
- CPA preferred (not required)
- Experience managing accounts payable for growing companies, preferably startups
- Experience in payroll and AP system preferably ADP, Bill.com & Abacus
- Strong GL experience
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and wear multiple hats in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience in Quickbooks
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Back to top