The Experience Design (XD) team at FiveStars is seeking a designer to join our team and contribute to our evolving consumer and business-facing product ecosystem!
- Be a relentless advocate for user-centered design across our product ecosystem
- Communicate proposed design solutions effectively, as sketches, wireframes, and/or prototypes
- Visualize and communicate interdependencies of design decisions across products in our platform
- Always ask why, and lead your cross-functional team to take their design thinking and decision making up a level of abstraction
- Collaborate effectively with developers and other designers to identify and validate hypotheses, then solve design problems elegantly, agilely, and effectively
- May act as design lead for a project; partner with product management and development leads to set product direction, validate design decisions and concepts, and deliver value to internal stakeholders and external users
- Participate fully in XD and cross functional design critiques (soliciting, giving, and receiving actionable feedback)
- Plan, conduct, and synthesize user research, including methods such as: contextual interviews, task analysis, mental models, personas, journey maps, competitive analysis, paper, and interactive prototyping
- Sketch, try, make mistakes, cry, learn, laugh, do it again
- Degree or certificate in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Information Architecture or related field
- 4+ years relevant work experience in User Experience/Experience Design
- Portfolio of design work that demonstrates design thinking, user-centered methodology, and team collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand deeply technical concepts and to abstract complex technology into user-centered design flows
- Ability to develop creative approaches to solving complex user experience problems and to convey ideas in a tangible and effective format
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and prioritize end users’ workflows, needs and desires and to effectively transform this analysis into design solutions
- Knowledge of a variety of user research methods; demonstrated understanding of the capabilities and limitations of various research methods
- Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills
- Humility, courage, and kindness
- Demonstrated expertise with cross-platform, cross-device and cross-persona design problems
- Experience working on a product through multiple iterations of design/ship/evaluate/improve
FiveStars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.
Meet Some of FiveStars's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Victor ensures that the right people get hired for the right positions—and that everyone within the organization is working toward the company mission, while in accordance with its core values.
Back to top