Principal Product Manager (Payments)
Fivestars is a leading social network focused on helping local communities, binding them together through a loyalty program. Last year we drove over 80 million in-store visits leveraging over 35 million users. At present we are looking for a leader in the product space. This is a fantastic opportunity to drive the scaling up of an existing and proven set of brands that are becoming widely adopted in the movement towards loving local. You would be working with PM's who played a key role building Facebook and, later, Twitter, and employees who helped start up Yelp and Zynga. In addition, you would be part of a company consistently voted one of the best places to work, offering 31 days holiday to start, 100% company paid healthcare coverage, stock, and a culture that values authenticity, innovation, challenge, and work-life balance. This role would be a full-time position based in our HQ in San Francisco.
As a Principal Product Manager (Payments), you will be working closely with a cross-functional team of engineers and designers building products that our users love and depend on every day. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of shipping engaging payment products. Upon coming on board, you’ll be joining and fostering a culture of making, testing and learning. You will be part of a highly collaborative, iterative, learning environment that is excited by creating new and innovative solutions to business owners problems.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the roadmapping, prioritization, development, and execution of major payment initiatives at Fivestars.
- Act as a GM for payment products
- Own company-level OKRs for that initiative.
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Design, Analytics, Marketing, and other product teams to create experiences users love.
- Use qualitative customer research and data analysis to communicate product vision to senior management and various stakeholders.
What we're looking for:
- Degree in computer science, engineering or related field
- 8+ years of experience building, launching and iterating on product initiatives that users love
- Previous experience building payment products
- Strong technical architectural understanding of mobile and web products
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to champion products across the organization
- Knowledge of product management best-practices around development (e.g., agile), roadmapping/vision (e.g., user-research, & strategic thinking), and coordination/communication with key internal stakeholders (e.g., design & marketing)
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.
See Inside the Office of Fivestars
FiveStars is the easiest way for local businesses to deliver great customer experiences, in and out of store. Through unique rewards, personalized service, and intelligent automated messages, FiveStars helps every customer feel like a VIP. Founded in 2011, FiveStars has now saved over 16 million consumers over $150 million while shopping at 12,000 local businesses in the U.S. and Canada.
Back to top