Principal Product Designer
Do you love tough challenges and exciting adventures? Would you like to work on a product that touches millions of consumers and thousands of merchants? Do you want that product to be one which helps the little guy have a fighting chance against large corporate chains? Yes? You should join us at Fivestars.
Your portfolio will show that you've worked on a range of challenging projects on phone, tablet and web. Show us your design super power. Designers here have many skills. Are you a super smart visual designer? Are you an interaction designer who codes prototypes? Are you a do-it-all wizard who also does user researcher?
We are looking for a Principal Product Designer who is excited to lead the vision and execution of design projects at Fivestars. As a designer coming on board, you’ll be joining and fostering a culture of making, testing and learning. You will be part of a highly collaborative, iterative, learning environment that is excited by crafting new and exciting solutions to business owners problems.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will facilitate high-level strategic decisions through brainstorming and user research
- You will collaborate cross-functionally to understand business requirements and develop solutions
- You will design products from discovery and brainstorming through iterative development and delivery
- You will advocate a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice across our product ecosystem
- You will communicate the user experience throughout the design process by crafting compelling designs and concepts
- You will rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working application
- You will occasionally eat a piece of pizza or two or six
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years leading design projects
- Proven ability to partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content strategists to lead the user experience of a product from conception until launch
- High level thinking skills regarding product strategy and vision - not just thinking about how things should look but thinking about what we should be building
- Have strong opinions but hold them loosely
- Portfolio featuring examples of design across mobile, tablet and web products
At Fivestars our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 30 million people use Fivestars to get deals at over 12,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with one powerful program. In 2017, Fivestars drove 80 million in-store visits across its network. We’ve raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator and invite you to join us in creating a Love Local movement across the US and Canada. Visit www.Fivestars.com for more information.
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.
See Inside the Office of FiveStars
FiveStars is the easiest way for local businesses to deliver great customer experiences, in and out of store. Through unique rewards, personalized service, and intelligent automated messages, FiveStars helps every customer feel like a VIP. Founded in 2011, FiveStars has now saved over 16 million consumers over $150 million while shopping at 12,000 local businesses in the U.S. and Canada.
Back to top