People Operations Business Partner
At Fivestars our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 30 million people use Fivestars to get deals at over 12,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with one powerful program. In 2017, Fivestars drove 80 million in-store visits across its network. We’ve raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator and invite you to join us in creating a Love Local movement across the US and Canada. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
Fivestars is searching for an innovative People Operations Business Partner to join our team. You will be an integral part of the People team, helping us focus on the employee experience and making it a memorable one. You would be backed by great leadership, in a world-class culture that values problem-solving and belonging. Our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship, but we cannot achieve this without first investing deeply in our employees and building and sustaining a strong community. We believe that our employee success team can be our driving competitive advantage.
- Assist in refining the entire employee experience from onboarding, coaching, feedback, career tracks, departures, celebrating wins to creating lasting brand ambassadors
- Lead leave of absence administration to provide support and resources for our employees
- Partner on employee relations and investigations
- Lead compensation and total rewards analysis to align with our values and ensuring we are taking care of our employees
- Partner and coach managers through challenging conversations including performance plans and terminations
- Deep dive into analytics including employee engagement and diversity data and design and implement programs to improve our employee experience
- Empower and educate managers on the importance of ongoing feedback and performance summaries
- Create policies and guidelines when necessary with a simple and lightweight approach
- Continuously analyze our technology stack to ensure it serves our employees’ needs
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in HR or related field is a must
- 5+ years of experience in HR role; 2+ years working in a start-up is a must
- HR generalist experience and curiosity to continuously learn about all aspects of HR
- A deep knowledge of leave of absence, benefits, employment law, compliance, and compensation
- An obsession with simplifying people operations and using a well-refined approach
- A powerful understanding of what it means to create a great employee experience and a passion to make it happen
- An ability to truly listen, be empathetic, take action and follow through
- An ability to play with and analyze data that can tell a powerful story
- A real and down to earth approach
- A fun attitude and flexibility to push and try new things, programs, approaches
- Support Fivestars 250+ employees nationwide
- Reflect our values: Shared Humility, Authentic Relationships, Warrior Spirit, and Joy Every Day
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
See Inside the Office of Fivestars
FiveStars is the easiest way for local businesses to deliver great customer experiences, in and out of store. Through unique rewards, personalized service, and intelligent automated messages, FiveStars helps every customer feel like a VIP. Founded in 2011, FiveStars has now saved over 16 million consumers over $150 million while shopping at 12,000 local businesses in the U.S. and Canada.
Back to top