FiveStars is the easiest way for local businesses to deliver great customer experiences, in and out of store. Through unique rewards, personalized service, and intelligent automated messages, FiveStars helps every customer feel like a VIP. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship.
FiveStars has now saved consumers over $100 million while shopping at 12,000 local businesses in the U.S., and Canada. Over 16 million consumers use FiveStars to save money while supporting local businesses. To-date FiveStars has raised over $105 million from top-tier investors including HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
We are in search of a Payroll Accountant to comprehensively manage all aspects of the company’s semi-monthly payroll process.
What you’ll be doing:
▪ Collaborate with our People Operations team for all payroll changes (promotion, termination, etc.)
▪ Monitor employee benefit arrangements - including Medical insurance, dental, vision, FSA and 401K
▪ Set up State Tax ID and Unemployment ID number for new states
▪ Ensure all State and Federal Reporting requirements are met
▪ File quarterly WA workers comp report and San Francisco Payroll Taxes
▪ Maintain employee records related to payroll
▪ Record all payroll related journal entries and reconcile payroll related accounts (bonus and commission accruals, employee reimbursements)
▪ Process payroll through ADP on semi-monthly basis
What we are looking for:
▪ BA degree, preferably in accounting
▪ 5+ years of related experience
▪ In depth knowledge of ADP – Workforce Now, Time & Attendance
▪ Knowledge of Bamboo HR, Cloud Mill and Zenefits preferred
▪ General knowledge of Accounting Principles
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Back to top