Marketing Web Developer (Web & SEO)
- San Francisco, CA
At Fivestars our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 30 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at 12,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with one powerful program. In 2017, Fivestars drove $2 billion in local commerce across its network. We’ve raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator and invite you to join us in creating a Love Local movement across the US and Canada. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
The Fivestars Growth Team drives merchant acquisition and retention at scale. The Marketing Web Developer, reporting to the Director of Demand Generation, will be accountable for Fivestars merchant acquisition through our online properties (website, blog, landing pages, and other owned media) and ensure that Fivestars has world class web content, SEO, and conversion rate optimization. Working closely with our engineering, product, product marketing, analytics, and design teams, this role is a technical and results-driven role that is critical for driving the company’s business economics and user experience.
- Understand company’s user personas and propose creative web experiences that address user pain points and objectives and maximize demand generation results
- Work closely with the Growth engineering, Wordpress developers, designers and product marketing to own the maintenance and growth of the Fivestars website and site architecture
- Ideate and launch new web experiences via custom WordPress templates and integrations with our marketing automation and data analytics tools
- Define technical requirements, implement, and analyze SEO strategies to drive organic pipeline
- Analyze and optimize landing page experiences across all channels (SEM, email, Facebook/Instagram Ads, direct mail, etc.) to multiply team results
- Leverage existing data analytics and reporting tools to track results
- Build quarterly plans and targets and gain buy-in from internal stakeholders across product, engineering, sales, and marketing
- BA/BS in quantitative field: Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or Engineering
- 3-5 years of online marketing and/or web development experience
- Extensive knowledge of SEO best practices, track record in driving SEO results, and passion to stay abreast of industry trends in SEO and online marketing
- Experience in marketing automation and lead nurturing using platforms like Marketo preferred
- Deep experience with CMS like Wordpress preferred
- Strong proficiency with SQL
- Analytical rigor, expert with Excel, and working knowledge of statistics
- Ability to prioritize effectively between short term and long term projects
- Relentless focus on driving business results
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Back to top