Do you love tough challenges and exciting adventures? Would you like to work on a product that touches millions of consumers and thousands of merchants? Do you want that product to be one which helps the little guy have a fighting chance against large corporate chains? Yes? You should join us at FiveStars.
Your portfolio will show that you've worked on a range of challenging projects on phone, tablet and web. Show us your design super power. Designers here have many skills. Are you a super smart visual designer? Are you an interaction designer who codes prototypes? Are you a do-it-all wizard who also does user researcher?
We are looking for a lead product designer who is excited to lead the vision and execution of one of our design projects at FiveStars. As a designer coming on board, you’ll be joining and fostering a culture of making, testing and learning. You will be part of a highly collaborative, iterative, learning environment that is excited by crafting new and exciting solutions to business owners problems.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will facilitate high-level strategic decisions through brainstorming and user research
- You will collaborate cross-functionally to understand business requirements and develop solutions
- You will design products from discovery and brainstorming through iterative development and delivery
- You will advocate a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice across our product ecosystem
- You will communicate the user experience throughout the design process by crafting compelling designs and concepts
- You will rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working application
- You will occasionally eat a piece of pizza or two or six
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years leading design projects
- Proven ability to partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content strategists to lead the user experience of a product from conception until launch
- High level thinking skills regarding product strategy and vision - not just thinking about how things should look but thinking about what we should be building
- Have strong opinions but hold them loosely
- Portfolio featuring examples of design across mobile, tablet and web products
FiveStars is a rewards and marketing platform for local businesses and the communities they serve. Over 12,000 businesses across the US and Canada use FiveStars’ easy, all-in-one marketing program, and over 18 million consumers participate in the FiveStars rewards network to support local businesses. In 2016, FiveStars drove over 54 million in-store visits across its network. We have raised $105 million from top-tier investors including HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator. Based in San Francisco, FiveStars’ mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship.
FiveStars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.