Lead Product Designer
Do you enjoy tough challenges and exciting adventures? Do you want to work on a product that touches millions of consumers and thousands of merchants? Do you want that product to be one which helps the little guy have a fighting chance against large corporate chains? Yes? You should join us at Fivestars.
Your portfolio will show that you've worked on a range of challenging projects on phone, tablet and web. Show us your design super power. Designers here have many skills. Are you a super smart visual designer? Are you an interaction designer who codes prototypes? Are you a do-it-all wizard who also does user researcher?
We are looking for a lead product designer who is excited to lead the vision and execution of one of our design projects at FiveStars. As a designer coming on board, you’ll be joining and fostering a culture of making, testing and learning. You will be part of a highly collaborative, iterative, learning environment that is excited by creating new and exciting solutions to business owners problems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Facilitate high-level strategic decisions through brainstorming and user research
- Collaborate cross-functionally to understand business requirements and develop solutions
- Lead products from discovery and brainstorming through iterative development and delivery
- Advocate a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice across our product ecosystem
- Communicate the user experience throughout the design process by creating compelling designs and concepts
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working application
- Play ping pong, play Super Smash Brothers and eat catered lunches with your coworkers
- Occasionally eat a piece of pizza or two or six
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years leading design projects
- Proven ability to partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
- High level thinking skills regarding product strategy and vision - not just thinking about how things should look but thinking about what we should be building
- Have strong opinions but hold them loosely
- Portfolio featuring examples of design across mobile, tablet and web products
FiveStars is the easiest way for local businesses to deliver great customer experiences, in and out of store. Through unique rewards, personalized service, and intelligent automated messages, FiveStars helps every customer feel like a VIP. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship.
FiveStars has now saved consumers over $100 million while shopping at 12,000 local businesses in the U.S., and Canada. Over 16 million consumers use FiveStars to save money while supporting local businesses. To-date FiveStars has raised over $105 million from top-tier investors including HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
Back to top