Junior Business Information Analyst
- Plano, TX
Fisher Investments is rapidly expanding its reach, both domestically and abroad, which means there is an ever increasing amount of data to be turned into meaningful insights - that is where the Business Information Team steps in.
The Business Information Team turns the noise of vast data into actionable tools for decision makers across all levels of the firm. Thanks to the reporting you will manage, a Vice President may choose to green light a successful test program; an Account Executive may decide to focus more on the quality dimension of their initial appointments; a Client Operations Manager may realize an opportunity to quickly and efficiently service a client's need.
As a Junior Business Information Analyst, your day-to-day work will help employees make better business decisions by providing clear, detailed metrics to groups and individuals across our firm. These projects can take many different forms and will require you to navigate through ambiguous requirements. By adding context and clarity to a business unit's data, you will directly impact continued success by facilitating the ability to monitor and evaluate their group. You will continually adjust, improve and troubleshoot our reporting to maximize its potential impact. Along the way, you will educate coworkers on the information available to align their needs with available resources.
- Meet business requirements through querying large datasets and transforming them into meaningful reporting deliverables
- Maintain and update existing suite of reporting
- Enhance reporting outputs and data visualization through VBA script
- Build strong relationships with business partners and end users
- Manage flow of projects and requests, including communication with stakeholders
- Act as a data subject matter expert for assigned business units
- Collaborate with team members, data teams and business contacts
- Manage risk associated with handling sensitive data
- Up to 2 years of professional experience in a data-oriented role or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Proficiency in SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, VBA, troubleshooting data and reporting
- Experience with full cycle report building, including requirements gathering, querying and aggregating data, report rollout and upkeep
- Proven success building relationships and communicating with various organizational levels
- Experience with Data Visualization tools and techniques
- Experience with Process Documentation and Efficiency Improvement
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
- California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
Back to top