About the Position
The Staff Accountant is responsible for carrying out day-to-day accounting activities including processing accounts payable, performing check runs, invoicing clients, reconciling cash receipts and disbursements, and processing expense reports. Additionally, the Staff Accountant helps support the financial close process and interact directly with auditors to help facilitate the audit/review of annual and financial statements.
Methodical. Detail-oriented. Tenacious. You are a self-starter who can work with little guidance. Always on the hunt for ways to help out, you proactively address issues and tasks to ensure ultimate attention and completion. You both understand and appreciate the need for clean and auditable financial records in order to enable rapid and well-informed decision making. You frequently meander in the at-times nebulous world of both adhering to strict financial regulation while also constantly thinking of innovative and optimal paths of compliant accounting.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in corporate accounting or public accounting
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of accounting concepts in a startup SaaS company such as revenue recognition, stock based compensation, capitalized software, etc.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks, as well as a more complex accounting system
- Play a key role in preparation of internal and external financial reporting
- Process and record accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and expense reimbursements are entered into Quickbooks and paid in accordance with policies and procedures
- Classify credit card transactions and ensure receipt compliance by cardholders on monthly basis
- Bill clients timely and accurately for services provided and follow up on outstanding amounts
- Perform account analysis and detailed reconciliations for all bank statements, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, and accruals on a monthly basis
- Partner in supporting payroll processing and quarterly sales commissions
- Develop industry-specific policy expertise
- Prepare work papers supporting the close process and month end balances
- Execute key accounting processes to ensure transactions are captured in the financial reporting systems and are compliant from a control and accounting policy standpoint
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies and help create new policies
- Assist with annual audit requirements and coordination with external auditors
About Finance at FiscalNote
Perspicacious and driven, our Finance team operates at peak performance to ensure company growth and maneuver risk with precision. They personify our values by thinking like an owner and thinking holistically about the growth of FiscalNote.
In becoming a FiscalNoter, you’ll enjoy a plethora of benefits that you would expect at both an established company and at a startup. More importantly, though, is the opportunity to sell software that impacts real decisions -- decisions that substantially affect governing in the US and abroad. You will hone your skills among peers just as motivated and skilled as you are, and in the process, develop a tight-knit camaraderie that transcends normal workplace environments.
Back to top