Senior Software Engineer, Applications
- Washington, DC
About the Position
As we continue to change the game for GovTech, you will be jumping headfirst into a team of passionate and talented individuals. As a Senior Engineer, you will be asked to challenge your skills as a technologist leader as you build cutting-edge features while mentoring other team members. Beyond enhancing and pushing forward the capabilities of our client-facing Ember application, you will be critical in guiding and developing software that powers our applications.
About Engineering at FiscalNote
Our team has a wealth of diverse life and career experiences that allow us to think outside of the box and ahead of the curve. You'll get the opportunity to work at an institution pushing the boundaries of open data transparency while collaborating with some of the industry’s brightest engineers and data scientists to devise, nurture, and implement cutting-edge solutions to continuously evolving engineering challenges.
Ambitious. Detail-oriented. Thoughtful. Although proud of how far you’ve come in honing your craft, you look forward to constantly growing in your technical abilities. Even more excited to share your skills and experiences, you thrive in collaborative environments in which the free flow of ideas serves as the catalyst for bold results. Feeding off of a highly competent engineering and product development culture, you yearn to contribute to the foundational growth of a company with unlimited growth and market capture potential.
Success in This Role Includes:
- Build web and enterprise integration products that help push the FiscalNote products forward
- Work in a diverse programming environment: Ember, Node, Python, Ruby on Rails
- Work across teams to ensure cohesion and collaboration across engineering functions
- Create experiences for the end user by applying your knowledge of the frontend, backend, and integration technologies to deliver a world-class user experience
- Mentor other engineers on software development practices
What Sets You Apart:
- 5+ years of experience in the software development industry (not necessarily with specific technologies)
- Demonstrated mastery in at least one of the following frontend framework: : Ember.js, React.js, Angular.js or other MVC/MVx framework
- Demonstrated mastery in at least one of the following backend programming languages: Node.js, Python
- Experience in the following: SQL, Elasticsearch and Redis
- Demonstrated experience building successful working relationships with Product + UI/UX teams
- Experience leading projects from inception to completion
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Architecture and production decision-making experience (preferred)
- Legacy Enterprise Application integration and/or migration experience (preferred)
- Experience with web security, writing secure code, or OWASP (preferred)
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is a technology-powered global software data and media company that uses powerful machine learning to provide clients with the right policy information and insights, and at the right time so that they can better navigate market risk and uncertainty and maximize new opportunities.
As the premier hub of domestic and global information for more than 5,000 clients worldwide, FiscalNote’s tools, analysis, news, and award-winning journalism delivers context, clarity, and a competitive edge in a rapidly changing world.
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.
Back to top