About the Position
FiscalNote India is looking for a Research Analyst in our Gurgaon office to join the DataOps team at FiscalNote, a U.S. based legislative data solutions company.
The Research Analyst compiles information on policy making, including legislative and regulatory data while attaining an expert level of knowledge of how different levels of governments function in the U.S. You will need to be able to work well within a team to ensure comprehensive and accurate content is delivered across a suite of products. The role requires accuracy, advanced English grammar knowledge, superior communication skills and the ability to work under firm deadlines.
The role will be based on local hours with some flexibility required to cover day-to-day communication with individuals in the United States.
About the Research Team
Our Research Team is tasked to dig deep into interesting, complex, and oftentimes noisy data and come up with valuable insights that not only describe the way the world is now, but predict what it will look like in the future. Our platforms analyze unstructured data relating to policy and government action in the legislative and regulatory space in order to provide our customers with an unprecedented level of data-based descriptive and predictive analysis.
Ready to take on ambitious projects that stretch the limits of your abilities, you enjoy the process of collaborating with team members to overcome technical challenges. You see projects through to the end and ensure that the best decisions for the team, not necessarily your ideas, are what take precedence. Along the way, you’re capable of communicating what you’re thinking through multiple avenues of communication, taking in others’ ideas as well as expressing your own. You’re guided equally by your own intuition and delivering the best results to the customer. You’re comfortable around ambiguity with a high degree of autonomy, but are also not afraid to seek guidance when needed. FiscalNote is looking for someone who is deadline-driven, adaptable, research-literate, and can function independently.
What To Expect:
- Manage, process and code data and documents, including bill data, regulations, amendments, transcripts, and other items as assigned by a manager
- Respond to and act upon client questions or requests for documents, hearing information, or other data in a timely manner
- Meet daily and rigorous deadlines while delivering quality work
- Oversee workflow for the group across multiple requests and projects as assigned by a manager
- Re-prioritize work as needed based on deadlines and coverage
- Demonstrate an understanding of operational tools, procedures, and troubleshooting
- Provide subscribers with complete, timely and error-free, quality legislative information
- Develop an understanding of FiscalNote's databases and the procedures for updating that content
- Conduct secondary industry and client research
- Work closely with the U.S. based FiscalNote DataOps team
What Sets You Apart:
- One year of research experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience
- Basic knowledge of HTML, the Internet, G Suite, and electronic media
- Strong researching skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines
- Good communication skills (especially via email) and a willingness to work long hours when needed
- A strong ability to analyze, organize, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven expertise in data processing, evaluation, and reporting and experience with varied data sources
- Strong understanding of how a governmental system works
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data and turn around a project quickly and successfully
- Seamless workflow with the FiscalNote team in the U.S.
- Legislative Policy experience and/or expertise (Highly preferred)
FiscalNote is a technology-powered global software data and media company that uses powerful machine learning to provide clients with the right policy information and insights, and at the right time so that they can better navigate market risk and uncertainty and maximize new opportunities.
As the premier hub of domestic and global information for more than 5,000 clients worldwide, FiscalNote’s tools, analysis, news, and award-winning journalism delivers context, clarity, and a competitive edge in a rapidly changing world.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
FiscalNote offers medical and accident protection insurance. We also offer 20 days of annual paid leave and observe 12 public holidays.
Back to top