At FiscalNote, we build technology to help Fortune 500s, non-profits and trade associations manage their government and policy risk. Our software enables users to shape the way the public views their organization and its stance on policy issues through workflow tools, data, and analytics. We have an ambitious and collegial culture that helps us serve our 1,300+ customers and have raised $30M+ in venture capital.
About Product Design at FiscalNote
We’re looking for a Product Designer to take our platform to the next level in usability, utility, and design. Working within our growing Product Design Team, you will help drive valuable experiences for our customers in both web and mobile. You will work closely with front-end developers to ensure that easy-to-use and enjoyable user experiences get built. In addition to outstanding UX and design, we need a hyper-collaborative and adaptable team player who isn’t fazed by change. This role reports into the Senior Director of User Experience & Strategy.
• Support all phases of building out products and user experience including user research, information architecture, usability, accessibility visual design, interaction design and prototyping
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of standards, industry trends, emerging platforms and design/UX best practices
• Be the voice of the user, tireless advocate for simplicity and clarity of our products
• Understand and be an advocate for user-centered design processes
• Be capable of designing how a product works, not just how it looks
• Analyze and incorporate quantitative data and qualitative insights into design
• Conduct user research and provide synthesis of findings
• Work cross-functionally and with clients to ideate, validate and execute enhancements and features
• Create a consistent, repeatable set of project artifacts (including comps, prototypes, wireframes, task flows, presentations, etc.), evolving them as our business changes and grows
• Be able to juggle multiple priorities and escalate risk as needed
• Strong self-initiative and motivation to seek new ideas, technology and leading edge techniques
• 4+ years of experience in working in digital product design, user experience, information architecture, interaction design and/or visual design
• A portfolio of work that ideally includes content-rich web apps including mobile; B2B experience preferred
• A user-centered, data informed and agile design mindset. Ability to think big while paying attention to detail.
• Ability to balance consumer vision with business needs.
• Successfully worked cross-functionally, collaborating closely with Product and Engineering teams
• Facilitated design sprints, user interviews and other info-gathering sessions, all with the goal of uncovering user needs and building high-value products for our customers
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to take risks moving into uncharted territory; experience in high-growth, high-change environments a plus
Please include your portfolio.
The FiscalNote GRM platform is the most effective solution for managing government impact and public issues and is quickly becoming the cloud platform of choice for global brands as they analyze and manage their government risk, opportunity, and influence at the local, state, federal, and international levels. More than 200 companies rely on FiscalNote GRM and its services.