Industry Director, Business Development
About the Position / Team
Armed with our industry-changing GRM platform, our Business Development team relishes the opportunity to help potential customers transform their businesses through the power of our technology. Industry Directors are FiscalNote’s key engine of market expansion and revenue growth. Focused on our customers’ long term goals, they become true strategic partners through deep empathy in order to grow our economic relationship over the customer lifecycle. They exhibit a bias for action, a thirst for knowledge, and a team-oriented competitive spirit every day.
- Undergraduate degree
- 6+ years of B2B software sales
- Successfully sold software into Fortune 1000 companies
- Carried and hit annual quota of >$1m (consistent top 20% performer)
- Closed complex sales cycles in competitive markets
- Successfully managed other quota-carrying sales reps
- Experience using Salesforce (preferred)
- Strategically build, manage, and close deals in sales pipeline for a specific industry vertical
- Be responsible for closing a quota of new business per quarter
- Leverage our world-class Policy and Data Science teams to dive deeper into the effectiveness and capability of our platform with potential customers
- Strategically plan for account penetration within not only your own vertical, but also the verticals of the BD Strategists you manage
- Report directly to the Head of Sales
Empathetic. Personable. Hungry. You not only quickly gain trust, but also easily comprehend and empathize with issues potential customers may have. Your keen understanding of the sales cycle provides the tactical insight necessary to identify ideal methods of penetrating accounts ripe for a sale. Your resiliency and competitive nature are core to your successful track record, but your intellectual curiosity drives perpetual personal growth. A coach at heart, you derive equal satisfaction from closing deals as you do helping others do the same.
FiscalNote is the leading Government Relations Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture. FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and drive by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer a comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options including a Flexible spending account. We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at www.fiscalnote.com/careers
FiscalNote is an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of FiscalNote
Back to top