Industry Director, Business Development
About the Position
FiscalNote growth hinges on Industry Directors managing industry verticals and closing deals that bring our cutting-edge technology to the fingertips of organizations interested in better understanding and acting upon legislative and regulatory data. Always exhibiting a bias for action, a thirst for knowledge, and a team-oriented competitive spirit, our Industry Directors rely on their diverse sales experience in combination with our game-changing products to achieve awesome revenue results. Propelling Prophecy, Atlantis, and Sonar into the forefront of the legal information services world, Industry Directors not only execute on sales that act as the accelerant to FiscalNote growth, but also leverage their sales experience to catalyze the success of other Business Development team members as well.
- Strategically build, manage, and close deals in sales pipeline for a specific industry vertical
- Be responsible for closing a quota of new business per quarter
- Manage 1-2 BD Strategists who will own their own industry vertical, as well as 1-2 associates within your own vertical
- Leverage our world-class Policy and Data Science teams to dive deeper into the effectiveness and capability of our platform with potential customers
- Strategically plan for account penetration within not only your own vertical, but also the verticals of the BD Strategists you manage
- Report directly to the Head of Sales
Empathetic. Personable. Hungry. You not only quickly gain trust, but also easily comprehend and empathize with issues potential customers may have. Your keen understanding of the sales cycle provides the tactical insight necessary to identify ideal methods of penetrating accounts ripe for a sale. Your resiliency and competitive nature are core to your successful track record, but your intellectual curiosity drives perpetual personal growth. A coach at heart, you derive equal satisfaction from closing deals as you do helping others do the same.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of direct sales, preferably in SaaS
- Experience providing both remote and in-person demonstrations of a technology platform
- Demonstrated success in both quota-carrying roles and management roles
- Capacity to navigate different industry verticals
- Proven ability to effectively negotiate price and terms on (preferably) SaaS product
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task through different accounts at different stages of the deal cycle
About Business Development at FiscalNote
Armed with a cutting-edge suite of open-data products, our Business Development team relishes the chance to demonstrate the power of our technology to potential customers. The team personifies our intersection of the policy and technology worlds by cleverly leveraging acumen across many subject areas to seek out and show organizations how our products can powerfully augment their current efforts to understand and impact government action. As the momentum and excitement behind FiscalNote products grow, our Business Development team relentlessly seeks opportunity for revenue growth across diverse industries and sectors.
Back to top